Chapter 49

Don't forget to vote and follow me!!!

I couldn't help but feel sympathy for Derek. Hearing about his parents and how much he missed them made me feel sad for him. It reminded of me of who I miss, my best friend who brutally died in front of me.

I never really think about her death- no part of me wants to. But I miss her more then anything. She was an amazing friend and I know if she were here now she'd give me advice on everything in my life, she'd be there for me constantly. I miss her and I miss having someone like her. Someone to be there in times were I couldn't turn to my parents or Derek.

"Did you ever meet Derek's parents?" I ask Felix suddenly.

The day had been slow, Derek had been busy for the most of it. I had forced Felix to come outside with me to accompany me while I read, leaning against a tree trunk. Felix sat the opposite of me, leaning against another tree trunk on his phone.

The day was nice and sunny. Quite a perfect day to be outside.

"Yeah of course." He nods. "What were they like?" I ask, closing my book and sitting it next to me.

"Vince, his dad, was powerful- he was something else..." He trails off seeming like he didn't want to say much more. "What do you mean?" I ask.

He sighs, leaning more up against the tree before running his hand through his hair. "He had good qualities, ones that made him a good alpha in a sense. But he wasn't the best, he had a temper." He shrugs. I narrow my eyes.

"What kind of temper?" I ask.

"Allison... if Derek didn't tell you much about his father it means it's probably better you didn't know." He shrugs though I wasn't about to leave it at that. I wanted to know more.

"Felix....please." It was evident in my voice that I was begging to know. He gave me a look that said he still didn't want to but it was clear he was already defeated.

He shook his head, muttering something under his breath along the lines of how Derek would kill him if he knew that he was telling me what he was about to tell me.

"His father, Vince, wasn't the nicest man out there. In fact he was quite harsh, to his pack, his wife, to Derek." He bites his lip as if thinking.

"You should see how good Derek is at combat. He's had years of training. His father forced him to train and fight since he was 10. But his father was cruel. Derek couldn't mess up much in his life. In fact his father was quite abusive towards him."

I look down at my hands, feeling even more pity towards Derek now. His father abused him, I wasn't sure if it were in a physical way or mental way, nonetheless it sounded bad.

"Abusive how?" I ask slowly.

"I once walked in right as his father smacked him across the face for not shifting fast enough. He yelled at Derek, told him that an alpha has to be strong- and that he was nothing close to it." He seemed lost in thought after that, looking down at his hands.

"When you grow up around someone cruel- someone who's been nothing but horrible, you kind of in a way, get their qualities. I mean Derek is nothing close to his father but I've seen his father in him at times- when it comes to being alpha and when.... well when it comes to you. Much like his father, he's possesive and quite controlling in ways." He could say that again.

But Derek in no way had been so horrible to me that I started really hating him.

Though there has been times where it feels like Derek is being unfair, he had his good moments.

"Wow." I didn't have much to say. I felt bad for Derek yet I felt a bit scared. What if Derek ever became like his father? I know Derek has a sweet and caring side to him but you never know what the future holds, you never know how a person could change...

~~~
I opened my eyes, looking up at the sky. It seemed to be the crack of dawn. The sky dimly lit but the stars still out lighting up the sky further.

The sounds of crickets and leaves blowing came around me. I sat up, looking down to see I was in my bed yet it was placed in the middle of the woods. Looking around me, there was no one, just me in my bed outside.

I stood up, my bare feet hitting the ground of wet dirt and leaves that crunched each time I tried walking.

I wore a white night gown, my hair at its natural state sat at my shoulders.

"Derek?" I ask aloud though not loud enough for anyone to really hear.

I slowly started walking more into the woods until I couldn't even see the bed from afar. The sky seemed to darken the more I walked into the woods.

Before I knew it, I found myself freezing in spot. In the woods a pair of eyes lit, yellow and bright. Slowly walked out a wolf, medium sized, yet big, too big for my liking.

It looked angry and to further validate my guess that it was, a low growl came from its throat.

I backed up slowly only to have the wolf walk closer to me. Then it pounced, ready to attack me but lucky I ducked, a squeal escaping my lips. I sit up, turning around to see that the wolf disappeared, no where in sight.

I frantically look around, looking anywhere for a sign of the wolf.

I still sat on the ground, my nightgown getting stained with mud. I couldn't find myself to stand up, I wad both scared and in awe suddenly as Derek stepped out from who knows where. He wore some dark jeans and a gray shirt.

"Derek?" I ask slowly. He glances at me, guilt hidden behind his eyes. Suddenly an arm came around him and I could see over his shoulder Kelly standing behind him, her arms all over him.

I narrowed my eyes, confused. "Why is she still here?" I slowly ask.

"He doesn't want me...." Kelly whispers, her eyes looking at the side of Derek's face.

My eyes dropped to her arm that was suddenly around his neck. In her hand she held a knife to his throat.

"....it's me or nothing Derek. And unfortunately, you chose nothing." My eyes went wide as she slit his throat, blood poured down his neck and stained his gray shirt.

"No!" I scream, tears running down my cheek, my heart racing and my mind spinning.

"Allison!" My eyes slowly open, looking up at Derek's. He had worry plastered on his face. He looked at me with utter concern. I look towards the window, the curtains were slightly ajar and I could see the sun already coming up.

"Are you okay?" He asks while using his thumb to wipe away the tears that had fallen down my cheeks.

I didn't know what to say, instead I sat up wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him.

"It was just a nightmare, Allison. Whatever happened- it won't ever happen." He whispers, holding me tight to his chest.

"It felt too real." I whisper, clenching onto him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. I immediately shake my head.

Of course it was just a nightmare that wasn't real, but the thought of losing him and the feeling alone was too much for me to even talk about.

I let go of him before laying back down. "Just- hold me." I whisper.

He nods, not questioning me any further. I turned my back to him as he laid back down. His arm wrapped around my waist bringing me close to his chest. I closed my eyes, trying to put the dream to the side and focus on falling back asleep.

Having Derek hold me in a way made me feel safe. Before I knew it I was falling asleep.