Chapter 18

I had basically given up my life for Eric. I had agreed to literally be the mate and luna that Derek desired. I just felt horrible getting Eric in the situation in the first place. I should've told him the truth in the first place, that I was basically his luna and his alphas mate. Either that or I  shouldn't have involved him at all in the first place because this is where it ended me at.

Now here I am, I'm gonna have to start being a mate to Derek, not someone who despises him. Meaning I can't do and be who I was before with him. I have to actually genuinely be nice, and worse-obedient.

I felt disgusted having to admit it to myself, but if I broke my promise there's no way that Derek won't turn around and kill Eric because of it. But I wasn't about to risk that to see what he'd do if I broke my promise. I would have to keep it. For how long? God at this point I'm pretty sure forever.

"Luna?" There was a slight knock on my bedroom door. It sounded like Felix. I for sure thought that Derek would've killed him by now or gotten extremely mad at him. I felt horrible about that part and I had intended on begging Derek for Felix mercy, but now I don't think I need it. Maybe Derek didn't punish him because of the conversation that came from it.

"Come in!" I shout, barely any tone to my voice. I felt like crap and quite frankly apart of me was scared for what was to come next in this "deal" I had made with Derek.

Felix opens the door, walking slightly in. "Alpha Derek has made some new orders for you." He announces. 

Why wasn't I surprised? I figured after this agreement, Derek would be on it barking demands as soon as possible. Although I expected it sooner than this. It was almost 9 at night already, I had been in my room all day, overthinking just about everything in my life.

I wondered if Eric was ever going to forgive me for not telling him the truth and basically putting him to his death. I had a feeling that he wasn't going to forgive me for that, I don't think I'd forgive him if the positions were reversed.

"Okay?" I sigh, ready to hear my fate. I knew it'd eventually come I just didn't want to face it, I wasn't exactly ready to face it. I wondered what type of demands Derek had in store for me.

This was my new life. I was not only a mate but a mate to an alpha, I'm officially a luna. 

I remembered the time my mom said that I wasn't officially her luna until I accepted Derek. In a way, I did accept him! I agreed to be the mate he wanted, the one he's always wanted. Although in a way it would basically be me pretending, I still was going to be doing everything he wanted me to do and be, so I was officially my mothers' luna in her eyes, because I was accepting my status as the alpha's mate, and that was that.

It definitely would get hard getting used to, but eventually, after a few months, I'm sure I'll sadly learn the lifestyle.

"Alpha Derek would like to discuss them with you in his office." he gives me a small polite smile. I roll my eyes. "Now? At this time?" I knew the pack never really slept. I've learned that with that 4 days I've lived here.

"Yes, Luna." He nods. I sigh, shaking my head. "Fine." I get up from my bed, following him towards Derek's office. "Can I ask a question?" I ask as we walked. "Of course, Luna." I seriously hated being called "Luna" and I had no idea how I was going to get used to it, but like I said before, I'd have to get to know the lifestyle and get used to it.

"Actually I have two." I point out, he nods. "First, why are you so obedient to him? Is it in your nature or is it by choice?" I always wondered that seeing how obedient my parents were to any alpha they had, I never really understood it. 

"A little bit of both. Of course, it's in my nature to obey my alpha, and serve him. But if I really didn't want to, I can fight the urge." He smiles. Well, I guess there was my answer. So it was in his nature? That made sense in a way.