Chapter 19

This was it, I was officially becoming the thing I least wanted to become, a Luna. 

Today was my first official day. I would meet pack members and act super fake around them as if I cared about them and this pack. This was my life now, I'd have to get used to acting super fake for the rest of it. Or maybe Derek was right, maybe eventually this would be all I know and maybe I won't know what is real and what isn't.

Who knows, maybe I'll convince myself that I love being a luna and a mate to Derek.

That sounded far-fetched though. 

Last night was the last night I slept in my room by myself. When I woke up and got dressed, Derek was already having his pack members pack my stuff up and take it into his room. So much for this bedroom, I had it for like a week!

Tonight I'd be sharing a bed with Derek, I dreaded it dearly. I was afraid to be so close to him because- and I hate to admit it, but I actually sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes feel comfortable around Derek. It's hard to explain but I basically feel like I can be myself somehow around him, and he made me feel okay with that, well not until recently when he basically pointed out that I wasn't allowed to by myself anymore.

At least not in public.

I got dressed in some shorts, a tank top, and a flannel. I slipped on my sneakers, tying my hair up in a messy bun.

My bedroom was completely empty of my stuff, leaving only the furniture.

I was taken back when my door suddenly opened, I was used to everyone knocking before coming in. 

But I wasn't surprised when it was Derek that walked in uninvited. I mentally thanked God that I wasn't changing when he walked in without knocking, that'd be another thing. 

"Hey." I sigh. I literally had to start being super nice to him, again, this is my life now.

His eyes scan what I'm wearing. "What's wrong?" I ask, looking down at my shirt, wondering if I had a stain or something on it.

"That's what you're wearing? Are you presenting yourself like this? As everyone's Luna?" He asks. I turn looking into the mirror on the dresser as my appearance. I did kinda look like crap, but did I care? No.

"Uh, yeah that's what I planned." I shrug. He narrows his eyes, examining me again. "Those shorts are very short, and that shirt shows a lot of cleavage." he points out. I quickly use my flannel to hide the smallest amount of cleavage I had showing.

I didn't want him to look at me in that way. 

"Are you saying I should change?"  I ask, ready to say no as soon as he did say yes. "No, I'm telling you to change." He says, crossing his muscular arms over his even more muscular chest.

I frown knowing very well I would be forced to change. "Fine but all my stuff is in your room now." I point out. I had grabbed this outfit before his pack members took everything of mine to his room.

"So? It's your room now, feel free to go in there." He points out. I found myself frowning even more. "Fine." I walk past him towards his room, he was quick behind me. I got to his door, sighing and realizing that I would officially refer to this room as mine as well. Not to mention that I'd refer to his bed as "ours" now. Which sucks!

I open the door, revealing his bedroom that I had never seen before.

It was quite plain. There wasn't anything very special about it. A plain bed with a white comforter and pillows. A plain brown dressed across from the bed and two doors that lead into a closet and bathroom.