Chapter 27

This past month hadn't been the best. I didn't feel like myself anymore. I felt like a whole different person and I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not.

Apart of me wants it to be a good thing but I know it isn't. Maybe it should be though. Was I really the best me before? I chose to make bad decisions and to be as stubborn as I can be.

Now I'm exactly what everyone has always wanted me to be. Exactly what my parents hoped for and exactly what Derek wanted. A perfect mate and Luna.

I still couldn't wrap my head around anything with Kelly and Derek. They obviously have something- at least I think so.

They've been together since they were 17! That's not something you just forget about. Although I'm not sure why they broke up, I'm sure they aren't over each other.

As much as it hurts to admit it, I'm sure they'd be a good couple.

The day was finally nearing an end. It had been a boring day with Derek gone. Not that I relied on Derek to entertain me at all moment of the day, but usually I had things to do when Derek was around, whether it was Luna stuff or just hanging out with him.

I had spent the day at my mom and dads house. I figured since they were gone it'd be a perfect time to go and have the house to myself. I watched a movie and listen to music on blast. Something I couldn't do at the pack house or even at my parent's house with them there.

I decided to walk back to the pack house when the sun started setting. I knew Derek would either already be home or would be on his way home. I'm sure he'd get mad if he knew I had ditched Felix and left without anyone constantly by my side.

Even if I did stay in the territory, literally only a few houses down from the pack house.

I was nearing the pack house after a slow walk, enjoying the way it felt to be alone for once when I spotted Eric.

I hadn't seen him since the night he found his mate at that party.

Upon seeing him, I didn't realize how much I actually missed him. His funny laugh, his jokes he cracked constantly, the way he lit up a room when the room was gloomy and dark. He's always been an awesome, bright person. Yet looking at him, it was like the life had been sucked out of him. All the light and the laughter, gone.

Unwillingly, I found myself walking towards him. He was alone, sitting on the ground against a tree trunk, on his phone.

"Eric?" I hesitate but approach him. As soon as he saw me, he stood up, grabbing his backpack on the ground.

"I can't be seen around you." He says about to walk away but I grab his arm. "Don't be ridiculous." I laugh slightly. He turns to me and it took everything in me not to gasp.

Half his face was purple with bruises. He looked horrible.

"W-What happened?" I ask in a low whisper, suddenly afraid to know the answer.

"I'm just recovering from the beating I got.." He says, shaking his head. "Derek- he didn't-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, my voice was cracking. "He was doing what any other Alpha would do to someone who had been seeing his Luna behind his back." He shrugs.

I frown. "I'm sorry. I couldn't tell you." I whisper. "Why not?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest. "B-Because if I did, you wouldn't want me. You'd be like everyone else. You'd treat me like a Luna and not- not a person." He sighs.

"I can't say I wouldn't have done that." He murmurs.

"I'm so sorry Eric. I was an idiot. But I'll do everything in my power to make it up to you." I wasn't exactly sure what I can do to make it up to him, but if there was something, I'd do it.