Chapter 46

Forgive me, I edited this chapter but it's so late so I might've missed a few mistakes! Also sorry for the late update but enjoy and don't forget to Vote and Follow me!!!

I had missed Derek. His lips had felt amazing against my own. Of course I had only seen him a couple hours ago when he woke up at 6 for a run and to start his day off. The thought of waking up so early nauseated me!

He had thought I was asleep when he kissed me on my forehead and ran his hand through my hair. The simple gesture made me blush and feel all warm and shit inside.

A few months back, let alone a month back, I'd never even dare to kiss him. With everything with Kelly and becoming Luna. Things felt overwhelming and I thought for sure it would be awhile until I finally felt comfortable enough to allow myself to be with Derek. But here I am now, with him.

Well I mean we went on one really amazing date, and I kissed him and didn't regret it so that's a good thing! We were finally taking a step in the right direction! No more going 10 steps back!

"So how was the date?" Felix asks with a knowing smirk. I look at him weirdly as I made my bed.

I wondered if now Derek would still force me to have guards. Though Felix is technically my only guard, I've noticed this past few weeks that some of my old guards stand idly by like I don't even notice!

"It was- interesting." A give Felix a smile before motioning him to help me make the bed.

He walked over to the other side, grabbing a hold of the blanket and smoothing it out over that side.

As he did so I watched him freeze. "Y'all didn't smash on this right?" He asks making me gasp. "Felix! We did not! Get your head out of the gutter!"

My cheeks were probably bright red in embarrassment. Before I hated Derek or so I made everyone believe, but now that I was actually kind of with him, it just felt weird!

Definitely a feeling I didn't think I'd be experiencing.

"Sorry Luna, I just figure he's waited for you this long," he gives a slight shrug as he fixed the pillows.

"I'm sure he made it through considering he had Kelly to help." A sting of pain felt through my chest.

The thought of him and Kelly together was definitely something I'd never get over! Though I was trying, just the image was enough for hatred to burn in me, hatred for whom? Both probably.

Felix gives me a look, one that said he definitely felt sorry for me.

"I think he's been trying to make it up to you. He's been trying to earn your trust again, don't you think?" Felix asks. I shrug.

I knew he was right, and I knew at this point it was best to forget that all that ever happened. Perhaps I was overreacting? I had been with Eric and though I hadn't slept with him, Derek thought I was, he had every right to sleep with Kelly, right?

Besides it's the past, she's gone, and things are fine finally! What was it with me that I couldn't just let things go? Why did it feel like I was constantly trying to screw shit up?

"Anyways Derek didn't have anything on the agenda for you to do today but I did receive a call from your mother, she wants you and Derek over for dinner tonight." I look up at him with a frown.

I loved my parents, don't get me wrong. But I knew they'd make my relationship with Derek weird.

"Did you tell her we're busy?" I ask, narrowing his eyes. He gives me a knowingly guilty look.