"Everything"s gotta end, sometime. Otherwise nothing would ever start."

-The very-right-indeed 11th Doctor

♤♤♤

W

ord count : 2170

Nina ran off as soon as she felt like her legs could support her weight. When she passed by the engine room, she spotted Scannell and McDonnell, both staring at a wall. When Nina approached them, she spotted the black silhouette on the metal wall, and her heart sank.

7.

Nina and Scannell tried to make the generators work once again, to harness their energy. They couldn't. Something had hacked into them, they wouldnt be a le to reroute them.

"Korwin?" McDonnell's voice suddenly called out, hesitantly.

"It's your fault," the creepy alien voice called out, sending shivers down Nina's spine.

"McDonnell get back," she warned.

"What do you mean, it's my fault?" The Captain asked.

"It's your fault, now burn with me," he yelled. He went to reach for his visor, but Scannell was faster and he opened the ice vents and a freezing cold wind fell right on top of him. Korwin screamed as his body froze, and he fell to the ground with a thud.

8.

"Nina!" The Doctor's voice came in through the comm. "Ashton's heading in your direction! Hes been affected just like Korwin," he explained.

9 it is, then.

Dont get me wrong, Nina wasnt heartless. On the contrary, she cared, and she suffered with the burden and the loss of people she barely even knew. But there just wasn't time to be emotional now. Not when there were still people very much alive in this ship, and it was in her duty to save then. Although, she did know one thing : bodies were dropping left and right around her. This couldnt be a coincidence. She didnt believe it was, and probably, neither did the Doctor.

Nina stood up, ignoring the worried look from Scannell and McDonnell. She reached the intercom and pressed the button before speaking into it.

"Korwin's dead," she said, her voice lacking of emotion. The Doctor didn't answer.

Nina walked back to the engines and sat by the steps of the engine room stairs. She watched as McDonnell sat back next to her husband's body.

"What did he mean, it's your fault?" Scannell asked McDonnell. She was about to touch her husband's face, but Scannell pushed her hand away before she could do so. "What are you doing? Don't touch him, he's infected. You don't know how it spreads."

"You murdered him!" McDonnell yelled at him, a dark look in her eyes.

"He was about to kill you," he argued.

"He recognized me!"

"He didn't," Nina chimed in. The two snapped their heads in her direction. "What recognized you was whatever was infecting him. I told you he wasn't himself anymore." Nina finally looked at them. "He recognized you because he blames this whole thing on you. Now, why would he do that?" She asked. Before the Captain could answer, the Doctor's voice came over the comm again.

"Scannell! I need a spacesuit in area 17, now!" He yelled out. Nina froze. The vision she had seen on the TARDIS had the Doctor in an orange space suit, and he was the one yelling burn with me with the deep, creepy alien voice. Before she could even react, Scannell was gone to fetch the spacesuit.