ii

Wonderful Quote of the day:

 “When you’re a kid, they tell you it’s all… Grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have a kid, and that’s it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It’s so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.” 

-Elton Pope

♧♧♧

Word count: 1308

They landed the TARDIS and the Doctor put on the handbrake.

"There we go, perfect landing," he praised himself, a smug smile on his face. "Which isn't easy in such a tight spot."

"It is when you actually know how to fly it," Nina commented, earning a fake hurt look from the Doctor.

"Yeah, you should be getting used to tight spots by now," Martha added. Nina didn't quite know what to think of that. "Where are we?"

Earth.

"The end of the line," the Doctor told her. "No place like it." They opened the door for them to realize they were inside a room, next to a clothes horse.

"Home," Martha realized. "You took me home."

Nina saw how sad her face and tone were. She knew that sadness. Living a life of so much excitement and adventure, then realizing it was all over, and your boring life has begun. She knew how it felt like.

"In fact, the morning after we left," the Doctor pointed out. "So you've only been gone about twelve hours. No time at all, really." Martha turned to him with a hurt look on her face.

"But all the stuff we've done," she argued. "Shakespear, New New York, Old New York?"

"Yep, all in one night, relatively speaking," he told her. Nina frowned. Could he not see how much she didn't want to go back to her normal boring life? Was he that ignorant or was he actually dismissing it? "Everything should be just as it was. Books, CDs, laundry. So, back where you were, as promised."

"That's it?" She asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah," he told her, grabbing Nina's arm and pulling her back inside. "I should probably... Err--" he was cut off by Martha's home phone ringing.

"I'm sorry," she apologized for it interrupting him. The voicemail then started to speak.

"Martha, are you there? Pick it up, will you?" The voice said.

"It's mum," she informed the two TimeLords. "It'll wait." Nina frowned. Was she deliberately ignoring her mother's call? What was wrong with this dimension?

"All right then, pretend that you're out if you like," the voice continued. "I was only calling to say that your sister's on TV. On the news of all things. Just thought you might be interested." Martha frowned and quickly ran to her TV, turning it on.

"The details are top-secret," an elderly man said in an interview on the television.

"How could Tish end up on the news?" Martha wondered out loud. Tish, Nina guessed, was the pretty wound woman standing next to the old man.

"I'm guessing she's not famous or anything" Nina guessed, genuinely curious. Martha scoffed.

"Tonight, I will demonstrate a device which will redefine our world," the man continued. Martha was perplexed, watching her sister appear on the telly, but both Nina's and the Doctor's attention were turned to the man who seemed to be speaking of a big scientific project.