Marvelous Doctor Who quote of the day:

"There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”

-Sad, Lonely Eleventh Doctor ;-;

♧♧♧

Word count: 2178

As Nina thought she was never going to escape the curse of being left behind with the Mother, the lights suddenly went out as an alarm system went off.

'Security one,' the alarm said.

"Security one," Nina mumbled to herself, grabbing Leo and Mrs. Jones' attention. "Security one. That's the intrusion alarm, I'm guessing. Turns off the power, locks the exists and stops the lifts," he rambled. Nina looked around at all of the glass doors. "No one trying to get in, trying to break an entry through the front floor. No doors in the upper floors only on--" she stopped herself, realizing where the intruder was trying to get in through "The roof," she whispered.

Nina ran as fast as she could to the stairs since she knew the elevators would be locked down. As soon as she opened the door, she was facing the Doctor, Marta and Tish standing behind him. Nina found herself staring at him for a second. He looked almost naked wearing only a white button-up shirt. It didn't look bad, though.

"What's going on?" Nina asked him, realizing she had been staring for a few seconds.

"Lazarus is now a giant monster," Martha answered in his place. "And it's running after us." They ran back into the reception, where the Doctor finally spoke up.

"Tish, is there another exit?" He asked Martha's sister. The girl closed her eyes for a second, trying to remember, and the open them wide.

"Yes, over there," she pointed to a corner of the room. "But it must be locked down by now."

"Nina," the Doctor called her name, throwing her his sonic screwdriver. She caught it with ease. "Setting 54, hurry!" Nina nodded and ran off to the door, being followed by Martha and her sister.

"Listen to me!" The Doctor yelled out to the crowd. "You people are in serious danger. You need to get out right now!"

"Don't be ridiculous," a woman spoke out. "The biggest danger here is choking on an olive," she said. At the same time, there was a big crash and everyone's attention was turned to its source, Mr. Old Young Man, now in monster format.

Nina quickly pointed the sonic screwdriver to the door, and it opened with ease. The people were screaming and running through the door as Nina ran back to the Doctor, who was now standing protectively between the civilians and the monster.

"No, get away from her!" the Doctor yelled out as the monster got to a woman who was petrified by fear, and just stood there as he sucked the life out of her. Nina felt her heard drop as the woman's dry body fell to the ground with a thud.

Lazarus then turned to his next victim, who was laying on the ground. He seemed to have had a table thrown at him, and was clearly still out of it as he tried to get up but couldn't. It was only then that Nina realized that the man on the ground was Leo and that the woman kneeling next to him was Martha's mother. Nina wasted no time before she was running to Leo, and dragging him as far away from the monster as he could, as quickly as she could with the help of his mother. The monster was still slowly walking after them, until the Doctor caught it's attention, buying them some time.

"Lazarus!" He yelled out. "Leave them alone!" The monster slowly turned toward them, and Nina could finally react, checking on Leo's head, since it had been hit by a flying table.