38. Group Hangout (Part 2)

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

"I'm gonna have to pass on tonight. My parents need me to babysit Preston." Parker spoke over the FaceTime call she'd started with Aniya and me.

"Why don't you bring him?" Aniya asked. "That way Jayla and I can finally meet him. It's not like we're doing anything crazy and I'm sure he'd love SkyZone."

"I'll have to see if it's okay with my parents. I'm sure they won't mind though. They needed a break from him." Parker laughed.

"Is he bad?" I asked and Parker sighed.

"Not really bad, but he can be a bit much sometimes. And he'll be out past his bed time, so I'm sure he'll be really hyper because he gets to stay up."

"Well, just let us know." Aniya spoke.

"Will do. They should be here soon, so I'll call you guys right back."

Once we ended the FaceTime call Aniya threw something at me, hitting me in the head.

"What have I told you about throwing shit at me?" I asked picking up whatever it was that Aniya had thrown. "What the hell is this?"

"It's a fidget cube."

"Okay, so why did you throw it at me?" I asked and Aniya smiled.

"I wanted your attention."

Seriously?

"You could have just called my name. You didn't have to hit me in the hit with a fidget cube." I said throwing the cube back at Aniya, but she just caught it since I wasn't actually trying to hit her.

"I'm sorry, baby." Aniya apologized as she came over to me. I was sitting on my bed and she straddled my lap. "How do you feel about us finally making amends with Jade today?"

That was a good question. We planned this day just to actually give Jade a chance since Dani likes her. If Dani can get over Jade making her break her ankle, then we should too. But that wasn't my only issue. I know Dani and Nadia went through a lot, but I still had hope for them. It wasn't my decision, but still.

"I just want Dani to be happy and if Jade makes her happy, then I'm gonna try to be nice to her. I miss Nadia though." I admitted and Aniya gave a halfhearted smile.

"I do too, but I feel like this time apart has been good for them. From what I've heard, Nadia is getting better and Dani seems happier now. Don't get me wrong, I want them to get back together, but there's no doubt in my mind that they will one day. Jade is Dani's now. I'm sure Nadia is her later and so on. At the end of the day, Dani is gonna do what she wants. As long as it's nothing destructive, I'm gonna support it."

Aniya was right, but I still had a bad feeling about this. Why go into a relationship that you expected to be temporary? There's no need to be exclusive with a place holder. I don't really know what Dani's intentions with Jade are, but if she's still in love with Nadia, which I know she is, why get someone else involved when you already know what you want? I highly doubt Dani has even told Jade about Nadia. It's not my business though.

"So am I just your now?" I asked sort of changing the subject because I didn't see the point in stressing over someone else's situation.

"Of course not. I want a lot longer than now with you." Aniya frowned. "Why would you even ask that?"

"What about Parker? Do you think we're her now?" I asked instead of answering Aniya's question.

"No."Aniya shook her head. "We all equally want to make this work. Not just for now, but for however long we can do so."