4. You Ain't Got No Nipples!!!

Excuse any mistakes. Sorry in advance for the short chapter.

Malaya

I was almost an hour late to work, but instead of looking pissed when I walked in, Sloan looked surprised to see me.

"Sorry I'm late." I said even though I wasn't sorry.

"You're good." She said going back to whatever was on her desk.

I was confused by how cool she was being about me being this late when she made such a big deal about catching me on my phone.

I walked past Sloan's desk and into my little cubby. She made me a little office inside of her office. It was really just the room where she files her papers, but I had a desk and computer, so I was content.

I didn't really know what to do, since Sloan usually told me what she wanted me to do for the day when I got here. She was being quiet today and since she decided to turn into a mouse, I just sat there.

I looked around my desk for something to do, but there wasn't even anything for me to scan. I just sat doing nothing for about thirty minutes and then I got annoyed. There was no point in me being here if she wasn't going to give me anything to do.

I walked out of my little office and over to Sloan's desk. She just kept her eyes on her paper work and didn't even acknowledge me.

"Excuse me." I said trying not to have an attitude.

"Yes?" Sloan said without looking up.

What the hell is her problem? If anyone should be getting the cold shoulder, it's her.

"I came here to work, but I've just been sitting there. If you're not going to give me anything to do, there's no point in me being here." I stated and Sloan finally looked up.

"You're right, you can leave." She said cutting her eyes to the door and going back to her paper work.

What the fuck?

"I'm confused." I let out a weak laugh. "What's wrong with you? Any other day you have hella shit for me to do and now you're telling me I can go home before it's even time for lunch."

"You should be happy. You don't even like working here remember? Don't I make you uncomfortable?" She asked putting her pen down and smirking at me.

I didn't respond because she looked like she was up to something. She suddenly rolled back in her chair and opened the drawer to her desk. She pulled out a box that was wrapped in black wrapping paper with a red bow on top. I was even more confused now, so I just watched her as she stood up from her chair and walked over to me.

She held the box out to me, but I didn't take it.

"What is that?" I asked and she smiled.

"Open it and see."

She grabbed my wrist and turned it so my palm was facing up, then she sat the box in my hand. It was a little bigger than my hand so I used my other hand to steady it.

I looked at the box in my hand and tried to ignore the scent of her cologne. It reminded me of the argument Raquel and I got into.

"Just open it." Sloan encouraged and I just did as she said. It's not like she'd give up.

I took the bow off and she took it from my hand, but not without letting her fingers graze mine. I jerked my hand back at the contact and she chuckled.

"You felt that too, huh?" She said taking a step back and gesturing for me to continue with the box.

I ignored her comment and ripped the wrapping paper. I knew without getting all of the wrapping paper off that it was the iPhone X she said she'd have for me once I showed up to work today.