17. I Hate You

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Raquel

It's been a month since Malaya's trip to Washington D.C. and I can honestly say that I'm over what happened. I've forgiven Malaya, but there's just one issue. She hasn't forgiven herself. She told me that she's disgusted with herself. Her being disgusted with herself is the reason why the most we've done since she got back is cuddle and even that comes with much reluctance on her part.

She's different now. She's always sad and she barely says anything to me. We've gone entire days without speaking a word to each other. I don't know what to do at this point. I just want our relationship back. I miss her. I miss us.

"One more week until the season opener." Dani spoke excitedly and my other teammates matched her excitement. We'd just gotten out of practice and I was just sitting in my cubby.

"What's wrong?" Dani asked with a worried look on her face. "Are you sad because it's gonna be your last one?"

I hadn't even been thinking about that. I was thinking about Malaya. I guess it's sad that it's my last, but that's really the least of my concerns right now.

"No. I'm good. Just thinking." I said putting on a smile, but Dani didn't buy it.

"Thinking about what?"

"Stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Personal stuff that I don't want to talk about." I said just hoping Dani would give up.

I didn't want to discuss my issues with Malaya with anyone, but Malaya. Our business is our business.

"I can tell that you want to be left alone, so I'll do that, but just know that whatever it is, I'm here if you want to talk about it." Dani smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled at Dani as she went to walk away, but I ended up stopping her.

Not talking about this wasn't helping either and it's not like I could talk about it with Malaya. I just didn't want anyone knowing what she did. She feels bad enough about it as it is.

"Changed your mind?" She asked with her eyebrows slightly raised.

"Yes, but can we talk somewhere else? We can shower and go get some food or something." I suggested and Dani put a hand over her chest dramatically.

"It took a year, but I finally got you to ask me on a date. And I am flattered, but I have a wife. However, I will not pass up free food." Dani joked and I chuckled.

One thing about Dani is no matter how bad you feel, she'll find a way to make you laugh. Everyone needs a Dani in their life.

"Shut up and go shower." I said shooing her away.

"You wanna join?" She asked and I gave her the finger.

"What part of I have a wife don't you understand?" Dani asked feigning disgust. "This pussy is property of Nadia Aroura and Daniella Fuller if Nadia is acting up and has to be put on pussy restriction."

I face palmed because no matter what I said or gestured, she'd find a way to turn it around on me. Why is she like this?

"Daniella, please go do what you have to do, so we can go. I'm going to shower in a shower that is not being occupied by you."  I spoke making sure I left no room for a dirty joke.

"Okay okay. I just wanted to make you smile for real because that bullshit you did earlier was so forced. Mission accomplished." Dani winked before finally walking away.