27. Three's a Crowd

Excuse any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Jayla

"What are you trying to tell me?"

Instead of answering Aniya's question, I just started my car. Neither of us said anything as I started the drive back to campus. The silence was killing me, but I knew that if I said anything that wasn't an answer to Aniya's question, it'd probably make things worse. Going this long without answering was bad enough.

We made it all the way back to campus without saying a word to each other. It wasn't until we'd gotten on the elevator to go upstairs that the silence was broken.

"You know, the only way you can hurt me is by not being honest with me. If I'm asking you a question, I'm giving you the opportunity to tell me the truth. You have three options, you can be honest, lie, or not say anything at all. The last two are going to be an issue. Just tell me the truth, Jayla. What do you feel?"

The elevator opened on the second floor. That was my stop, but I just stood there and let the doors close.

"I like her." I said in a low voice.

"Thank you for being honest with me." Aniya said pressing the button for the second floor right as the doors opened on the third floor.

"That's it?" I asked and Aniya just shrugged.

"What else is there to say?"

"You're not mad?"

I asked getting off of the elevator with Aniya even though I'm sure she intended for me to take it to my floor.

"No. I can't be mad at you. That would be hypocritical of me." Aniya said making me frown.

"Wait? What?" I said grabbing her arm and stopping her since we'd been walking in the direction of her room.

"I think the three of us need to sit down and talk about this."

"And we will, but right now, it's just us. I was honest with you, so I want to hear you say it. What do you feel?" I asked Aniya the same question she asked me.

"I don't exactly know. I just know that I don't want what we did today to be a one time thing and it has nothing to do with sex. I know you felt it too, Jayla."

"Felt what?" I asked.

"The connection between the three of us. You said that you and Parker work, well it's not just the two of you that work. All of us-"

"You two just met. You met her once." I cut Aniya off.

"I looked at you once and knew I wanted to be with you, Jayla. Once. God, I'm not saying I'm in love with her, but you have to know when you just click with someone. That doesn't always take time."

"I expected something like this from Parker. Hell, I expected it from myself. That's why I was so hesitant about doing this, but you? Aniya, you out of all people feel something, whatever it may be, this soon?"

"What is that supposed to mean? I can't have feelings?" Aniya asked with a chuckle even though she seemed offended.

"You've done this before. Threesomes were your thing remember?"