33. Buzzer Beater

I apologize for any mistakes or grammatical errors.

Raquel

After constant disappointment in the love department, I can finally say I'm happy. Technically I'm still single, but I'm happy. Malaya and I have been in the "talking" stage for the past month and things have been great.

She's opened up a lot more and the more she tells me about herself, the more I understand why she had put up so many walls. I finally get her and I like her even more now.

We've been taking things pretty slow and I'm totally okay with that. I get why she wants to be sure of everything before making any major decisions. I'm not trying to jump into a relationship anyway, but she's definitely the only girl I want.

"Your staring used to freak me out, but I kinda like it now."

I didn't even know I had been staring. Malaya and I were sitting in a comfortable silence in her bed as a movie played on a low volume. We were just relaxing in each other's presence. We did this a lot.

"Is it weird that I didn't even know I was doing it?" I asked taking one of her hands into my own and lacing our fingers together before resting my head on her shoulder.

"Of course it's weird, but you're as weird as they come."

My head moved up with Malaya's shoulders as she shrugged and I chuckled.

"And you like me that way." I stated bringing her hand up to my lips and placing a kiss on the back of it.

"Yup. You make weird sexy without even trying."

"Sexy enough for you to kiss me?" I asked sitting up a little and puckering my lips in her direction.

"Ew, I hate it when you ask."

Malaya playfully rolled her eyes before pressing her lips against mine briefly and pulling away.

"Why'd you stop?" I pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"You're such a baby."

"But I'm your baby."

"Something like that." Malaya said with a smirk.

"Don't play. You know we're getting married and having thirteen kids." I joked.

"What the hell? Why thirteen? And who's carrying them?" Malaya asked through her laughter.

"You carry seven and I'll carry six." I stated like it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Why do I have to carry more when thirteen kids was your idea? And why the hell are we talking about kids and marriage when we aren't even together yet?" She laughed while shaking her head.

"Because, it's just a given that once we make it official you're stuck with me. I'm gonna be on you like white on rice." I spoke before kissing Malaya's neck and resting my head back on her shoulder.

"You're making me rethink everything." She spoke before pushing my head off of her shoulder.

I let my head drop into her lap and smiled to my self when I felt her fingers against my scalp.

I liked it when she played in my curly fro. She couldn't really run her fingers through it because it was entirely too thick, but it was soft enough for her to play in.

"I love your hair." She spoke continuing to massage my scalp.

"I know. You tell me all the time." I said feeling myself relax at her touch. She was going to put me to sleep if she kept this up.