35. Official

Excuse any mistakes. There are a few of time jumps in this chapter. Sorry if they're confusing.

Jayla

"Was it something I said?" I asked looking at Dani with confusion all over my face as Mya walked away from us.

Now I understand why Dani was so worried. I'm definitely interested in this girl. She's stunning and a little weird. I like that. I could tell that she was attracted to me too and that was a plus. Unfortunately, she walked away from me like I told her I kicked puppies for fun.

"I can't believe this shit." Dani mumbled before walking away from me as well. I guess no one, but Dani's little cousins were fucking with me today.

"Yo Jay, you tryna get beat in pool right quick?" One of Dani's cousins named Shane was speaking to me and I shrugged before walking over to the pool table with him.

"I don't know about getting beat, but I'll play." I said taking a pool stick from the boy's hand.

"Zane, tell her what's up." The boy spoke to his twin brother.

"He only beat me because I scratched on the eight ball."

"I still beat you though."

"Because of a technicality"

"Anyway, get ready to take this L." The boy spoke as he racked the balls.

Competitiveness definitely ran in Dani's family.

-

After I was done kicking Shane's ass in pool, the grown ups called us upstairs to eat. I ate like I hadn't eaten in years and I wasn't ashamed of it. All the food was amazing. I hadn't had a Thanksgiving meal in years. With my family basically shunning my mom and me and my mother being too strung out on drugs to do anything, I didn't really have the luxury of a home cooked meal let alone an actual Thanksgiving dinner. I was blessed and stuffed. I might have over done it.

"I feel like I'm about to explode." I groaned.

All of the teenagers had gone back down stairs and I was sitting on the couch between Aniya and another one of Dani's cousins named Javon.

"Same." Aniya spoke before letting her head fall on my shoulder.

"The grown ups should be ashamed of themselves for throwing down like that knowing damn well we're all greedy as hell." Javon spoke and I nodded in agreement.

"I'm not eating anything for the next three days." Dani groaned before falling across our laps.

We were too weak to even complain about it. Plus, Dani isn't heavy.

"All of you have like five seconds to get your asses back up these stairs so you can help clean up. I don't know what y'all thought this was, but it's about to be an ass beating convention if you don't beat me up there." Ms. Fuller's voice was like fire under all of our asses because we all got up those steps in record time.

With the help of all the teenagers, we got everything cleaned up fairly quickly. I spotted Mya washing dishes by herself, so I decided to join her.