Chapter 73

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I felt soft lips brush over my forehead.

I opened my eyes and saw Caleb standing on the side of the bed leaning over me.

"Good morning gorgeous wife," he whispered.

He pecked my lips then pulled away.

I sat up noticing there was a bed tray sitting on the bed.

"I cooked you breakfast," Caleb said.

"You did? But you can't cook," I giggled.

"I can make the basics baby," Caleb smirked.

"Where are the kids?" I asked.

"They're downstairs. I'm going to take Cecilia to school then bring Mason with me to the club for a little while," Caleb said.

I was finally back in our home in Chicago. We'd been home for a couple days at this point.

Caleb was stepping up big time taking care of everything and letting me rest.

I was doing better and wanted to get back into our normal routine but the doctor did tell me to take it easy.

"You don't have to take Mason with you. I can watch him," I said.

"No. I'm good with taking him with me so you can relax and rest up. I'll call you and see what you want for lunch before I come back home," Caleb said.

I nodded and Caleb leaned back down towards me.

I cupped his face in my hands and we kissed.

We kissed briefly then he pulled away again.

"Rest up baby. I'll be back in a few hours. Call me if you need me," Caleb said.

I nodded and Caleb left.

I was surprised he was actually finally leaving me at home alone.

Now was my chance to get my plan with Asher in motion while Caleb was out of the house.

Asher had texted me a day ago telling me Stewart was released and laying low at his house.

Stewart did have a house in my neighborhood so I didn't have to go far to see him.

I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I texted Asher letting him know the plan was a go and he said he'd be right over.

I had a small window of opportunity before Caleb came back so I knew I needed to move fast.

Once I was dressed I ate a little bit of the food Caleb made me then took the bed tray downstairs.

The doorbell rung as I cleared the plate of food I had.

I walked out of the kitchen and headed to the front door.

I unlocked the door and Asher was standing on the front doorstep.

"Hey," I said as I moved back to let him inside.

"Hey," he said as he walked inside.

"You got the wire?" I asked.

"No... I was thinking we should just have you voice record on your phone. I mean you used a wire on him the first time. We have to be smart about this," Asher reasoned.

"You're right," I said.

"So he knows I'm bringing you over. He has his son with him so his guard is down... just work your magic Zoey and get his confession," Asher said.

"I'll try. But we should get going. Caleb just left so we have a good window of opportunity right now," I said.

"Alright. Lets do this," he said.

I grabbed my purse and keys.

Asher and I left then headed to Stewart's house.

Caleb P.O.V.

I got back in my car after dropping Cecilia off and realized I forgot something in my home office that I needed before going to the club.

I guess I'd have to stop back by the house before going to work.

I was kind of glad because now I can check up on Zoey.

She tells me she's fine but I still worry.

I mean my wife was shot and nearly died. How could I not stay worrying about her?

I drove back home as Mason stayed entertained in the backseat. He was watching a show on the ipad.

When I got back home I pulled into the driveway and parked my car

I got out of the car then got Mason out of the car.

"We'll just be in and out bud," I said as I unlocked the front door.

I walked into the house and told Mason to wait for me on the couch.

Before going to my office I headed upstairs.

"Baby!" I called out.

I got upstairs and went into my bedroom and didn't see Zoey.

"Zoe!" I called out as I went into the bathroom.

Zoey was nowhere to be found.

"Zoey!" I called out as I started to panic.

I rushed downstairs and looked everywhere.

Zoey wasn't here.

I pulled out my cell phone and called her as I walked out into the garage.

Her car was still here as well as the other cars.

Where the hell was Zoey!

When I called her there was no answer.

Fuck!

I called my mother now really worried.

The cars were still here, Zoey was gone, and now she wasn't answering her phone.

"Hello," my mother answered.

"Has Zoey called you?" I asked.

"No, what's wrong?" she asked.

"Mom I went to take Cecilia to school and when I got back home Zoey wasn't here. The cars are still here but she's gone and she's not answering her phone," I said panicked.

"Caleb calm down," my mother said.

"Mom how am I suppose to calm down! My wife is missing and healing from a gunshot wound! What if someone took her! I'm calling the cops," I said.

"Caleb you know if it hasn't been twenty four hours the cops will be of no help to you. Maybe she just went for a walk... I mean she has been stuck in bed since being released from the hospital. Give it a few minutes to see if she turns up," my mother said calmly.

"I'll give her twenty minutes then I'm calling the cops. Mom I have a bad feeling about this. I swear I can't take much more of this. I mean every time I turn around something bad is happening to us," I said defeated.

"Caleb everything is going to be ok. Just wait a few minutes and if Zoey doesn't turn up call me back," my mother said.

"Ok mom. Bye," I said as I hung up.

I was worried out of my mind.

I paced the floor as I checked my watch.

I swear if someone has taken Zoey!

Fuck!

I knew I shouldn't have left her alone!