Chapter 59

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I rang the doorbell as I stood on the front doorstep.

I was nervous but knew I had to do this.

The front door opened slowly and there he stood.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I said.

"Come in," he said as he took a step back.

I walked into his house as he closed the door behind me.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Want to talk in the living room?" he asked.

"Sure," I said.

We walked into his living room that seemed pretty empty aside from the couch.

"I see you haven't done much decorating," I said as we sat down.

"I need a woman's touch," he said as he looked at me.

He reached for my hand placing his hand over mine.

"What's going on Zoey? When you texted me it seemed like you were upset," Stewart said.

"I was... Caleb and I got into a fight. He actually called me a whore and tried to hit me. The worst part of it all is he threatened to take my kids away from me," I said sadly.

"What! He didn't hit you though right?" Stewart asked concerned.

"No no he didn't hit me. But he raised his hand to me like he was about to," I said.

"Zoey I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that. What kind of husband hits his wife and calls her a whore then threatens to take her kids away. What was the fight about?" Stewart asked.

"It was about you... about my feelings for you," I admitted.

"Are there feelings here? I mean you said there weren't," Stewart pointed out.

"I lied. The truth is since finding out you weren't dead I've been conflicted. I love Caleb and have been happy with him and the kids. But having you reappear has thrown me for a loop. I haven't been able to get you off my mind," I said.

"I'm not sorry to hear that. Since seeing you at the engagement party. I haven't been able to get you off my mind either," Stewart said.

"Stewart, Caleb said if I cheat again he'll divorce me and get full custody of the kids. His mother is a lawyer and his father is a judge. He'll have pull in the court system to beat me. I can't loose my babies," I said.

"Zoey you won't loose your kids and Caleb will not scare you into staying with him. I have money and a private jet. I can get us out of here with the kids and go somewhere he'll never find us," Stewart suggested.

"Really?" I questioned intrigued.

"Yes. Zoey we could leave in the middle of the night. I can have it all arranged for us," Stewart said.

"Well that sounds nice but I don't want to uproot my children. Cecilia's in school," I said.

"We can homeschool her... we can home school both kids," Stewart suggested.

"It seems you have everything all figured out..." I said.

"If I'm being honest I've thought about us running away together with the kids for a while now. I've had five years to make plans for us Zoey," Stewart said.