Chapter 60

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I walked into Caleb's home office as I saw him placing a gun in his safe.

After getting Stewart's confession on tape and him being arrested Caleb insisted on us owning a gun.

He didn't believe we were in anymore danger but he said just on the off chance that something happens when he isn't home he likes knowing I have a weapon to protect me and the kids.

I still didn't like the idea of us owning a gun but I knew better than to argue with Caleb on this subject.

"You know the code to the safe right Zoe?" Caleb asked as I stood behind him leaned back against his desk.

"Yes I know the code. You've told me plenty of times besides how could I forget when you made it so simple," I said.

Caleb stood up after closing the safe. He turned around to face me.

He placed his hands to my waist pulling me in close.

"The day you become Mrs. Atwood is surely a date I don't think either of us will ever forget," Caleb smirked.

"I put your suitcase by the front door," I said.

"Thanks for packing for me baby," Caleb said as he held me in his arms.

"You're welcome. I wish the kids and I could go to Miami with you," I said.

"I know I do too. But Cecilia has school," Caleb said.

"Yeah she does," I said with a slight pout.

Caleb pecked my lips and I smiled.

I gave him a hug just enjoying the last few moments we had together before his ride arrived.

"I'm going to miss you," he whispered.

"I'm going to miss you too," I agreed.

I pulled back a bit and gave Caleb a kiss.

He held me tight up against his body as he deepened the kiss.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth as he moved me backwards.

I jumped up as he caught me.

He sat me on top of his desk and I ran my hands underneath his shirt as he started kissing my neck.

"Zoey why do you do this to me before I have to leave..." he groaned.

I giggled as he kept kissing on my neck.

I kept my legs wrapped around him pulling him in closer as I stayed seated at the edge of his desk.

"Just reminding you of what will be waiting for you once you get back home hubby," I said flirtatiously.

Caleb chuckled and moved his lips up to my ear.

He started whispering dirty things to me making me blush.

I giggled and soon we were interrupted by the sound of little feet running into the room.

Caleb pulled away from me and I turned back as I saw our son running into the room.

Mason ran up to his daddy and Caleb bent down and picked him up.

"You gonna protect your mommy and sister while daddy's out of town?" Caleb asked Mason.

Mason nodded.

"That's my big boy," Caleb said proudly as he kissed Mason's cheeks.

I got up off Caleb's desk and reached for Mason.