Chapter 69

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I felt the bullet hit me. I fell to the floor feeling my life slowly leaving my body.

After she stood over me there was another gunshot.

She fell to the ground right beside me.

A second person came over and I felt my body being picked up.

"Zoey hang in there! Shit! Don't you fucking die on me!" the person said.

My sight was blurry but for some reason I felt safe.

Almost like this person was saving me.

I woke up suddenly a bit frightened.

"Caleb!" I called out.

Caleb rushed into the bedroom from the bathroom.

"Baby you ok?" he asked worried.

I had been released from the hospital and put on bed rest to heal.

Caleb's mother managed to get things cleared up with the police so they would stop pointing the finger at my husband for this mess.

I was so drained from all this.

Caleb and I have been through hell and back and it seems like we're never going to get a moments peace.

It also doesn't help that I got bad news.

"I'm fine... just another flashback of the shooting. It's like when you got shot and I dreamt about it every night for weeks. It's just going to take a little while for me to mentally heal from all this... and the other part," I said.

Caleb sat down beside me on the bed.

"You want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Should we talk about it? I mean I feel like if we don't talk about it that's better," I said.

"Zoey I don't want you to suppress your feelings about this... I know this changes things for us," Caleb said.

"Does it change things? I mean does it make you think less of me as a woman?" I asked.

"Zoey no.... hell no and never think that," Caleb said as he reached for my hands.

I pulled away from him.

"I can't have kids anymore and not only that Serena killed the baby inside me that I didn't even know I was pregnant with. You and I spoke about having more kids... now I can't give you anymore kids Caleb," I said sadly.

"Zoey I'm just as upset as you are about this. But let me make one thing clear. I do not love you any less because of this. You've given me two beautiful kids that I'm more than grateful for. You're so strong baby. I don't know any woman that has been through half of what you have and still manages to keep their family going. You're an amazing mother and wife... this doesn't change the way I look at you one bit, you hear me," Caleb said.

I nodded but stayed quiet. Even if Caleb didn't see me differently I now felt different about myself.

I felt like something was missing... like I'm less than.

I felt a loss.

Caleb hugged me and rubbed my back.

He nuzzled my neck but I just didn't really want to be touched.

I pulled back a bit from him.

"What's wrong? I know something else is bothering you," he said.