Chapter 67

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Caleb P.O.V.

As I walked out of the Medical Examiners Building I was left with so many unanswered questions.

Where was Zoey?

Is she dead?

Is she kidnapped?

I got in my mom's car confused, angry, and sad.

I just want my wife back!

"Go to the police station," I said as my mother started her car.

"Sweetheart I'm sorry about all this. If I had of made sure to see the body-"

"Mom this isn't your fault. This is all Stewart! I just know it! He has her! I'm more than sure of it. I'm just not sure why Serena was involved...." I said trying to make sense of all this.

As my mom pulled out of the parking lot my cell phone rang.

I answered it right away not even looking at the caller id.

"Hello," I answered quickly.

"Is this Caleb Atwood?" a woman asked.

"Yeah... who is this?" I asked.

"I'm a nurse at Memorial Hospital.... I think your wife was brought in last night for a gunshot wound. She's out of surgery now and in recovery so if you'd like to come down and see her," the woman explained.

"Mom go to the hospital downtown," I said.

"Why? What's going on?" my mother asked.

"Zoey's there," I said as I hung up my phone.

I knew I shouldn't have disconnected the call but it seemed like that nurse barely had any information. She said she thought my wife was brought in... how was she not sure and why was I just being notified! I swear if this is real and Zoey really is there someone is getting sued for all this emotional distress I've been put under the past twenty-four hours.

My mother arrived at the hospital thirty minutes later and I jumped out of her car before she could even pull up to the curb.

She left her car with valet as I rushed inside.

I quickly ran up to the front desk asking for some info.

I was told what floor the recovery patients were on and I was headed up there right away.

My mother and I took the elevator up to the floor Zoey was suppose to be on.

That elevator ride felt like the longest elevator ride of my life.

When the elevator stopped and the doors opened I rushed out.

I went to the nurse's station and found someone.

"Excuse me. I'm here because a nurse called telling me my wife was here," I said.

"What's your wife's name?" she asked.

I told her Zoey's name and she typed it into the computer.

The woman looked up at me and then picked up a phone.

What was going on?

"Excuse me? What room is she in?" I asked.

"Someone is coming to speak with you now," she said as she hung up the phone.

"I don't want to speak to someone I want my wife? What room is she in?" I asked.

"Sir the doctor is coming," she said.