16~Date Ruined

Janis returned with your drinks a then quietly made eye contact like she was asking you something. You sipped your milkshake in confusion and that's when Patrick said "I'm sorry but is there a problem?".
Those words caused your attention to shift back to Patrick who look very annoyed.
"No...nothing is wrong I-um, have you figured out what you wanted to eat?"
She quickly said stuttering like Bill when you firstly met him.
"Um i'll have a burger i guess and what do you want?"
Patrick asked looking at you
"i'll have the same thing i guess"
you replied as Janis then began to write down things quickly and return to the back.
______
A few moments went by with now sign of the waitress and your stomach began to growl.
"What's taking so long? "
you asked holding your stomach as it growled loudly.
" i don't kno-"
Before Patrick could finish that sentence he was cut off by a loud scream.
" OH MY GOODNESS! "
Someone yelled as you turned your head to see Janis in the back limping slowly in pain as her eye seemed to be bleeding.
Her other eye looked like it was in pure fear and her apron was covered in blood.
"You'll float too"
She said before she fainted, You put your hand over your mouth in shock and in disbelief.
" What the fuck.."
You mumbled to yourself as a tear fell down your eyes at the sight.
" Come on, let's go before anything else happens.."
He was in complete shock and fear, to the point where his arm began to shake. He wouldn't admit he was scared but he was and you and him both knew that.
_____
You left the diner with Patrick waiting to cross the street as police cars and a Ambulance drove towards the diner. You stood there in shock on what happened wondering if you just imagined what she said at that's when you saw him, you saw it standing across the road smiling at you with a red balloon in his hand. He smiled and waved at you and then the balloon popped and he was gone.
"Hey, I think i'm just gonna head home.."
you said to him, Patrick stood there agreeing i mean that sight must've been horrible for anyone.
"Yeah okay see you later then.."
he waved a bit sad but knew you needed to be home after that experience.
_____
405 words..
Yeah this Chapter is really short i know i've been going through a lot of things personally i haven't really had the time to think about this book...i'm sorry. -A