"I won't take her to her house! I'm already way too tired."

He heard his friend snigger. "So, you took her to your house?"

"I WON'T DO ANYTHING AND I HAVE NO PLANS OF DOING ANYTHING TO THAT WOMAN!" he answered.

Xi Ze laughed aloud. "You are just like Xi Zi! Denial Kings!"

DiDi had no time to spar with his friend. "Don't drink too much ok? We still have to play ball in the morning. I would like to very much dunk on your face, asshole."

Xi Ze laughed louder. "I'll remind them but can we do that a little later than 8 AM? Anyway, Yi Fan just really wanted to check if the woman is still alive. He says you might purposely involve the two of you in an accident."

His boys know him well, he tried to stifle a smile and be more serious. He was about to answer when he heard the epic sound of a woman wretching. "OK. Someone sounds like they're baptizing my guest room floor. I need to check."

"Call your dry cleaners tomorrow. The smell can stick to your carpet for days", Xi Ze almost sounded very sorry for him.

DiDi sighed and knew this could possibly be a long night. "Just let me know what time we're going tomorrow. I will just take care of this woman Yi Fan wanted to me take care of. Tell him he owes me!"

She managed to stand up and go to the toilet.

It felt like even her kidneys want to leave her body.

Yue bobbed her head in the toilet seat as she felt someone else enter the bathroom and flush the bowl.

"At least you managed to make it to the toilet bowl" she heard his voice and felt another attack again.

She let out a whole burger.

Deft hands took all her hair and tied them behind her head and away from her face. She heaved a breath and felt someone massage her back.

Yue flushed the toilet on her own and tried to reach for the sink.

She was helped up to a standing position and the tap was turned on.

She immediately gargled water to wash the sour taste out of her mouth and clean her face. She was tired to the bone.

"Do you feel better?" DiDi asked and she nodded.

He handed her a towel and she dried herself.

She tried to walk back to the bed but felt her legs were unsteady.

"Come here" DiDi told her and carried her like a piece of paper.

"Why are you so kind?" Yue found herself asking as her head hit the pillow.

"FYI Ms. Shen, I AM kind" he answered, leaving her for a few seconds and then coming back with a wet towel that he used to wipe on her forehead and then her neck.

Her eyes were closed, trying to fight off sleep because he said a novel idea.

"How is a villain kind?"

"You are the only one who says I am a villain."

"But you were trying to stop Feiyu and Zuer being together, doesn't that make you a villain?"

There was just silence.

She continued to feel the pressure of the wet towel against the skin of her arms. She was starting to feel cooler.

Her eyes opened and focused on him. "You are quite handsome. It's a good thing you have such a bad attitude. It would be difficult if you were perfect."

If eye rolls could be ranked, the eye roll he gave her at that moment would be part of the top ten eye rolls of all time. "I do not have a bad attitude and no one is perfect."

"That's not true" she didn't know why there was this need to talk to him but like vomit, words were just coming out her mouth "I know someone who is handsome, is kind, and is the perfect man in every sense of the word. Only... he doesn't love me."

DiDi paused from what he was doing. "That's why you decided to get drunk?"

"Nooooo. I've known since long ago that he doesn't love me and he could never love me. I decided to drink because I thought that when he finally tells me, he's getting married, I wouldn't feel hurt. I thought I wouldn't feel pain."

"Well, you're stupid."

"I know ok? You don't have to rub it in like that!" Yue felt herself being lured into the darkness of sleep but she fought it. Wang He Di needs to understand that she knows she is stupid. She knows that drinking won't solve anything.

She knows.

But she has no choice. She cannot unlove Zhi Ting even if she wanted to. She cannot change her situation as well.

She was just stuck.

"It's true that you are stupid. Why would you think I was rubbing it in? If you had known long ago that he didn't love you and that he would never love you, you should have found another person to love."

"It's not easy to love another person!"

"Probably for you. But this person you love who loves another person, was it difficult for them?"

She closed her eyes. "I take it back. You are not kind."

"You should sleep."

Yue felt the bed prop up when DiDi stood up. "No... I should be more like you... be a villain..." she managed to whisper before sleep finally won.

DiDi washed the towel again and found her finally sound asleep.

She'd been blabbing for quite a while over a lost love, he wishes he could have recorded it.

It would have put a damper on her fanbase for them to see their favorite author drunk as hell and raving about a broken heart.

He looked at her and was reminded of Zi Wei.

They had the same petite frame even though his sister was a little taller.

Zi Wei didn't sleep though with her mouth open, he thought.

DiDi decided to wipe her face clean one last time before leaving. He left his sister's clothes on the bed side table for her to see them when she wakes up.

He looked around the room once more before closing the door.

DiDi was sure that tomorrow morning would be interesting but for tonight he pondered how fucked up it all was. Love had ruined him and it seems it has ruined Shen Yue too but when you looked at them, there were no traces of how broken they were.

How can something that hurt you so much not have evidence?

How can you be torn up in pieces and still look whole?

He sighed and headed for the kitchen, he opened the bottle of scotch he kept in his unit and downed a shot. The direction his thoughts were going, he needed to get himself drunk or else he wouldn't be able to sleep.

It was that blasted woman's fault.

He hadn't thought of love or anything for so long and here he was philosophizing.

His phone beeped with a message from Xi Zi but before he could open it, he saw the date. Today was the day he proposed to Zuer.

Oh for fuck's sake, he thought, and downed another scotch.

He hadn't remembered that date for two years.