30. Two Whipped

Earth

A/N

Hey, loves, so this is not the last chapter! I forgot I still have this one before the actual last chapter. 🤭

See you!😘

S5m💙

"Oiii! What the! Pete!!! What is wrong with you sneaking at me like that!?! Do you want to give me a heart attack?!? Didn't we establish the fact that I don't like Kao that way!?!"

I saw the younger guy waiid at me smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry, P! I didn't mean to scare you."

He said as he walked towards me from the bench he was sitting---more like lurking at before I came over.

"Do you have a minute?"

He asked me.

"Why? I'm fetching P'Podd from work."

I said as I checked my watch and saw that I still have about an hour before my boyfriend clocked out from work.

"That's not an answer, P."

I made a face at the rascal and he laughed.

I couldn't believe he's the same guy who was so close to hitting me every time we meet a few months ago.

I thought he was just really a problematic student with an attitude back then. It turned out, he's jealous of me getting close to Kao back then.

"Fine. My answer will depend on what you want."

I said and folded my arm in front of me.

"Well, I, uhm, need your help."

Pete said matter of factly.

"What kind?"

He smiled at me yet again I was starting to become suspicious.

"Well, I'm formally asking Kao to be my boyfriend."

I raised and eyebrow at him.

I was genuinely happy with what I heard.

It's about damn time these two finally get together!

"You want me to give you my blessing?"

I joked and I saw him made a face.

"I want you to help me....please?"

I blinked at him.

"You? Asking me for help?!?! Wow! This news!"

Pete rolled his eyes at me.

"I know. I know. But you're the only one I know who could help me with this one. Besides, I know you want me to do this for a long time now so yeah..."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I want you...no. Please, help me with my asking Kao to be my boyfriend at the Senior's send off party."

I gaped at Pete.

"Wow! I know you like Kao even before you knew it but, I didn't think you'll be this extra!"

He shook his head at me.

"Well, it's a long story but it boils down to the fact that Kao deserves it and I want to do it for him. So what? Are you gonna help me or yes?"

It was my turn to roll my eyes and shake my head.

Trust Pete to be as a push over as he was.

"Can I say no?"

Pete looked at me with un fondly and I couldn't help but chuckle.

I had told P'Podd many times already about how I could see myself in Pete.

He was at first, this unsure, confused and angry boy who fell in love and later on became a good man who wanted nothing but the best for the person he fell in love with.

"Don't do it for me, but at least, do it for Kao for being too nice and helping you selflessly when you needed it!"

I snorted at Pete.

"How can you be so cruel! The nerve of you to emotionally black mail me for something Kao did so willingly!?!"

It was his turn to laugh.

"Oii, P! Please? What do I need to do for you to finally agree to help me huh!?"

I shook my head.

Actually, nothing, just the honesty on his face was enough.

"Okay, fineee! What do you want me to do!?!"

I saw how his face lit up and went on animatedly explaining what he wanted me to as I was smiling and shaking my head the whole time.

Indeed, love could change a man and I could very well attest to it myself.

"Wait."

I raised my hand to stop Pete for bombarding me with ideas about his proposal for Kao with so much gusto I could only silently pray he didn't choke on his saliva.

"Yes, love."

I accepted the call from P'Podd and I saw Pete pursed his lips.

"I'll be a few minutes late, I'm still helping a friend."

He said okay and asked who it was.

"Pete, he's trying to tell me how whipped he is!"

My boyfriend chuckled and told me to tell Pete hi!

The met the first time when Pete found out how I didn't really like Kao and that I'm with P'Podd for a long time now.

"P'Podd says hi!"

He smiled and gave his salutation to P'Podd.

"Just a little while, okay? Love you!"

I dropped the call and turned to a smiling Pete.

"What?"

I asked.

"Who's whipped again?"

I gave him a stink face.

He was still all grinning at me and I just had to say what he needed to hear and hopefully got the message I wanted to say.

"I won't contest with you cause you'll lose. I've got ten years to forever, baby!"