9. Travel Finds

Earth

It had been almost a month after that incident that got P'Podd hospitalized.

Just when I thought I could finally persuade him to go back to our shared room and picked up where we left off after his confession, he refused to come back.

After he got discharged from the clinic that night, he only went with me back to the dorm due to my persistence.

The next day, with some more of his stuff, he went back to P'Mik's place not even listening to what I had to say.

And that was the last time I saw and heard of him.

His number was on my speed dial and heaven knows how many tines I tried to call and check on him but stopped myself the last minute.

What for?

I didn't know what to say or what to tell him except that I wanted him to come back which he made clear he didn't want to anymore.

Again, I should be fine with it, but I was not.

I heaved a sigh.

I was going crazy!

"Oi, Earth!"

I craned my neck to look at Boo advancing to where I was seated at the far end of the canteen as I tried to enjoy my lunch alone.

"Boo, don't you know that it's illegal to be so loud before one p.m.?"

Boo made a face as he sat opposite me with his tray of food. It was around ten in the morning and the place wasn't that crowded yet so Boo's booming voice seared through that I felt like my ears were broken.

"Jerk! Why didn't you tell me P'Podd is gay!?!"

I furrowed my brows at Boo.

"I have so many guy friends who wanted to hit on him asking for my help but I told them he's straight so now they're mad at me calling me a liar!"

I shook my head and continued eating.

"If they really like him, they should have just went and hit on him. Why do they need to know whether he's straight or whatever, does it even matter?"

That's what I should have told P'Podd when he told me he's gay. But I was stupid and it got the better of me.

Now, I think my bestfriend hates me!

"Wait, how did you know, anyway?"

Boo gulped on his drink before he regarded me.

"I walked this engineering girl to their building and everybody there was so hyped about their current moon dating P'Podd."

I blinked at Boo.

Tol.

The new friend?

Dating P'Podd?

"Are, are you sure?"

Boo narrowed his eyes at me.

"Don't act so surprised. There's a reason why you majored in photography and not acting, you're a lousy actor! You're his bestfriend, don't act as if you don't know!"

But I don't!

I almost shouted at Boo.

"We don't need to know everything about each other. Besides, we haven't seen each other for a while now. He's busy with his thesis and his internship."

I tried to sound as casual as possible but even I myself knew it wasn't the case.

"Are you guys okay?"