27. As I

Earth

"I've been calling you for a million times already, but your phone's down, where were you!?!"

Okay, I was obviously exaggerating.

I only had to call my boyfriend ten times after I finished my errand at the university.

But a year and a half into the relationship, the most we did was two before we picked each other's call up.

It's actually the first time that he had me call him multiple times before he answered, that's why I went over board with how I put it.

I can't be blamed though, we're celebrating our 18th month the next day and P'Podd started to worry me this way.

We still had a Bagsaen vacation to go to as planned.

"Errr, sorry, I was on a plane. I needed to turn my phone off."

I pouted.

"Ah, okay, wait. What? What plane!?!"

I had to waii at the people at the university lobby when I yelled at what my boyfriend said.

I was there to prepare my papers for  my internship next semester.

"Yeah, well, Mae called, said she needed to see me that's why I rushed to XXX province and forgot to tell you."

I furrowed my brows.

"Mae called you? But why are you at my province? P', in case you forgot, you live at XYZ province. How come you're th---wait!!! Mae!?! You mean, Mae!?! My mother!?! My mother called you!?!"

I heard my boyfriend hummed a reply.

"Why!?!"

"I don't know. I was just bout to see you when my phone rang and it was her and she asked me if I'm busy and if I'm free to fly over and I said yes and now I just realized how stupid that decision was!"

I groaned.

After that night when I told my family about us, my mother refused to talk to us until it was time for P'Podd and I to come back to the city.

It was the case for two other occasions that we spent a holiday back home.

She would still cook for us and prepare my room which P'Podd and I shared despite her trying to indirectly tell us that the guest's rooms vacant----but she refused to be alone together with us or even hold a proper conversation.

Everytime we arrived or left or did video calls, she would just sit in a corner and watch us and that was the case until then.

I was even wondering how he got my boyfriend's number.

"Okay, you stay there. I'll be there, wait for me. And. P', just, don't listen to her, okay? Specially if she'd convince you to break up with me or leave me or stuff. Just, keep quite and wait for me."

My mother's being silent about my relationship wasn't as bothersome to me until now.

Whatever she was thinking!?!

"I..I don't think I could do that."

"What do you mean!?! Are you trying to say that you'll break up with me once she asked!?!"

"No. What I mean is, I don't think I could face her. Oiiii, Earth! What shall we do!?! All along, I thought, it's Por that's scary, but now...ugh! I should have just called you first before I came here."

I heaved a sigh.

"Damn right! You should have wait for me! But what's done is done, just wait for me, okay? Whatever happens, whatever she says, we're leaving together. You don't leave without me, okay!?!"