7. Dire Decisions

Podd

"It's been so long now, why isn't he awake yet!?!

I groaned when I thought I might have heard what Earth said.

I wanted to laugh with how, even in my dreams, there's still him taking over, but my body wasn't responding and I was slowly feeling the ache all over, specially in my head.

"Are you sure he's okay? Shouldn't we just bring him to the hospital? It's been hours now but he's still unconscious..."

Earth sounded so worried. What was happening? Who's unconscious?

"Nong, he's fine. He's just really tired and dehydrated that's why he passed out. Don't worry, the IV's helping him already and he's just sleeping. Okay, if until eight, he's still asleep, I'll write him a recommendation for the hospital, okay?"

I tried to groan again when I heard another unfamiliar voice in my dream. How did I end up so fvcked up I had people talking vividly in my dreams!?!

"Hmmmm"

I finally was able to hear my own voice and slowly opened my eyes in the process.

I looked around and saw Earth looming over me with a distress face with our school doctor beside him.

"P? P? Are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere? What would you like!?!"

I meant to laugh at how frantic Earth seemed to be but I could only manage get another painful groan.

"W---water. I want water...."

I said, not sure if they heard me though. But I saw the doctor nodded at Earth and the latter left for a moment, as the doctor approached me and did some checking.

She smiled at me.

"You're still weak but you'll be fine."

I furrowed my brows at her and was about to ask why the hell was I with her but I saw that Earth was back with a bottled water and a straw in it and I just had to with how thirsty I was.

I tried to get and drink the water myself but I felt too weak all over and my head was still hurting so I didn't protest when Earth guided me to it.

"Okay, that's enough for now. We don't want to strain him just yet. Give him atleast 30 minutes before you let him with solid food. But not too much okay, just enough for normal meal."

I looked alternately at Earth and the doctor who seemed to have forgotten I was there.

"Uhm, okay, so, why am I here?"

I asked when I was finally confident I got my voice back.

"You passed out due to exhaustion. You didn't have enough sleep and food and you're dehydrated. Just how much do you love yourself, huh, Podd?"

The doctor was smiling. But she's obviously chiding as well.

"But you'll be fine. Nothing a good rest can't handle. Just don't deprive yourself of food and sleep again, please. I know senior year is a bit stressful but just take things slow okay? I already told Earth what to do so you just ask him. I still have to leave for the conference. The nurse will assist you."

Earth and I both gave our waii and thank you to the good doctor before she left.

I cleared my throat when the atmosphere started to get awkward between Earth and I.

How the hell is he even here?

"They called me when you passed out."

Earth said after awhile, answering my unspoken question.