14. Missing Drive

Earth

I was at the hospital lobby waiting for P'Podd to finish with the bill so we could finally get out of the place.

I shook my head.

This wasn't how I imagined our first close encounter---after that nigh about three months ago---should be.

After P'Podd realized it was me on the ditch, I had myself some nagging before he called for a towing service despite me telling him not to and he also almost dragged me to the hospital when he saw the scratch I had on my left palm and knee since I only had a helmet on.

I looked at P'Podd who's still talking with a nurse.

I missed the guy.

That I could say.

Up until now, what happened and all the things he said that night were still the things I kept thinking about.

I left then, because I was confused. All the more because I kept thinking about how, what we did wasn't really supposed to be done by male friends and yet we did it and I wasn't anywhere near guilty or disgusted about it.

More confusions surged in when I found out how he's already dating the moon and I had the crazy mind to think about confronting P'Podd about it but stopped the last minute.

What would I even say?

We cant even get past our awkward hi's and hellos when we randomly bumped into each other after that time.

That was why I busied myself with school, pubs, dating and girls. It was fun---for a while, until it wasn't and I could just feel that something's missing.

Sitting here, smiling, looking at a scowling P'Podd walking towards me, I might just get my answer.

"You looked too happy being stupid!"

I had to chuckle with what P'Podd said.

"I'm glad to see you too, P!"

P'Podd eyed me as we made our way to the parking.

"I'm not kidding, Earth. What were you thinking? You know how the streets tonight could really be busy and yet you came charging in the streets like that as if you own it!"

I pursed my lips and nodded.

"I know. I'm sorry about that. I saw your car too late and so instead of  bumping into you, I chose to just cut in. Sorry."

We stopped at his car as he regraded me.

"Get in."

I nodded when I saw how P'Podd looked as if he's not taking no for an answer.

"You do know what could have happened if I was also speeding up right? Why are you even rushing anyway?"

P'Podd asked as he maneuvered the car out the hospital compound.

"I know. And I'm glad you didn't. I was just trying to go home in peace."

I lied.

P'Podd might have gotten on it when he gave me a look.

I heaved a sigh.

"Fine. I, I was trying to get away from someone."

I heard P'Podd snickered.

"A Girl."

I wet my lips.

Why did I feel guilty all of a sudden?

"Hey, don't make it sound like that. I was out with Boo and some classmates when this girl from a neighboring uni approached me. It was fine at first and we were drinking and dancing then she got drunk  and was all over me I couldn't stop her and not make her cry. She wouldn't even let me go to the comfort room and wouldn't listen to her friends so when I got the chance I took off and she was on to me that I had to rush out. Then there was you."