2. Deffered Wishes

Podd

A/N

It's Sunday and technically, Sunday is the first day of the week so with the schedule I posted, today marks the first day of the week I was talking about for publishing and so, here's a new chapter.😬🙈

Short, cause I'm still testing the waters.  😅 Hope you like it tho. 🙏🙆

Another chapter within the week. No fixed schedule for updates yet cause I'm still quiet busy but will try to catch up! 😉🙏

Happy Easter!

Laters, loves! 😘

S5m💙

I heaved a sigh as I hovered over Earth. Finally, after the struggle of keeping him still and cleaning him from all the mess he caused on the floor after he threw up, he was now peacefully passed out in bed.

I shook my head.

Will this be always the case now?

Me, looking and admiring him from afar?

I chuckled bitterly.

I never had any intention of telling Earth how I felt. Even before when this alien emotion started surfacing and when I finally had acknowledged and accepted it , I never had once thought of letting him know.

I may have wished for him to feel the same, only, it was just passing and it was just that.

A dream.

The kind that I knew, will never come true.

And then, I went crazy and just told him the truth.

I thought I was strong enough to burry everything deep until it vanished and I would just wake up one day and I would no longer be in love with my bestfriend.

But that wasn't the case. It turned out, jealousy was a monster and very nefarious at that. It didn't even give me time to at least prepare myself and it just pushed me off the cliff and into the dark and lonely abys of my telling Earth what I truly felt.

It wasn't the case back then.

For years, I had witnesed how Earth would change girlfriends the way he would change his clothes. Which was often and un mindfully.

There would be both girls and boys fighting for his attention but I never minded any of them because at the end of the day, I was the one he would always stay with.

Then Ploy came and I just realized how much Earth had changed. They were just going out for some months but I could already see how Earth became too invested in their relationship that I felt, no matter how hard I denied, that it was almost over for me and my secret love.

That was why, I tried to distance myself from Earth. He may not really end up with Ploy, but his current relationship with her made me realized that it would never be me and that there would never be us.

It did hurt.

And I would be lying if I'd say that it was easy. But I was getting by, until Earth just pushed me off the edge himself and  I irresponsibly told him the truth.

I somehow expected his reaction, but really, it was indeed painful when I was actually face to face with it.

I was hurt.

More than the fact that I can see how I was losing him in the romantic sense was the fact that I was losing my bestfriend and it wasn't my choice.

Only if I could turn back time and changed everything, I would have stopped myself harder so I wouldn't be this deep for Earth then.

Being friends would be better than nothing. Or so I thought. Because after that kiss, the one we carelessly shared, I suddenly didn't know what I really wanted.

Everything was just fvcked up and it had slowly caused everything to go down. And right now, as I gave a sleeping Earth one more glance to make sure that he's fine and that the bottle of water and Advil on his night stand were properly placed, I can't help but whisper yet another wish.

A wish, which, just like any other  of my wishes, would never come true.

I closed the door to our shared room---the room I was slowly trying to detached my self from and made my way to my car as I drove aimlessly trying to make sense of everything.

I hope I could unlove Earth.

Because really, it sucks when you're in love with your bestfriend and he's straight and he didn't feel the same.