28. Here This

Podd

I couldn't help but smile as I looked at Earth together with his mother and sister at the living room.

They were laughing and teasing each other as they went on playing scrabble.

We just finished our sumptuous dinner that Mae prepared.

I smiled to myself.

After almost two years, I could finally see Earth and his mother laughing together.

Really, with how Mae had treated us coldly in the past, I didn't think she'd be able to reach out to us sooner but she did.

It made me happy and even happier because I knew, Earth was happy as well.

I had no qualms that this day would happen although I didn't expect it to be this early and this way.

I heaved a content sigh as I remembered what happened earlier.

"We should get lunch first before we head home."

I looked at Earth's mother on the driver's seat.

She didn't look anywhere domineering but I was starting to sweat bullets.

I decided to back out the last minute and book a flight back to Bangkok when I received a text from her telling me to text her once I landed and I did exactly what she said I had to mentally kick myself after.

"I, errr---it's fine m---aunty, I'm really not that hungry."

I pursed my lips.

"Did you have your lunch already?"

I shook my head.

"Uhm, it's okay, I'm not hungry anyway..."

I tried to sound as polite as possible.

"Did you or did you not?"

Aunty regarded me at the red light.

"I didn't."

I cleared my throat after an obvious mini panicked answer.

"Now, that's a clear answer. Lunch it is then."

The time was 12:10 and although I felt hungry earlier, it flew off the window when I finally saw Earth's mother.

"O---kay."

I said and my stomach agreed.

"What time do you usually eat your lunch? I called you around ten earlier and the flight was more or less one hour and you still didn't have your lunch? Did you perhaps, skipped it because of coming here!?!"

I shook my head at mae as we sat their waiting for our lunch inside a famous thai restaurant.

"It's fine aunty, really. When you called, I was about to grab lunch with Ear--- I was about to grab lunch."

I stopped myself from saying Earth's name in front of aunty. Wasn't really sure why tho.

I was about to say something some more when our orders arrived.

"Wow, this looks everything Earth would order. Did you mean to do this or you were just really influenced after living together for almost two years now?"

I blinked at aunty.

She excused herself to the comfort room  after she placed her order and left me ordering mine.

"Err, it's, uhmmm, it's just, Earth, he uhm, yeah, aunty. Maybe it's the influence, aunty."

She chuckled and shook her head when she regarded me.