| 44 |

Fryer felt a pint of jealousy build inside him as he watched Scarlett training with Daniel

Fryer felt a pint of jealousy build inside him as he watched Scarlett training with Daniel. He almost growled when he saw Daniel place his hand dangerously close to her butt. Even though he knew Daniel was Diana's mate, he just couldn't bring himself to accept the closeness that existed between the two knowing their history together. He just couldn't understand why she was training with Daniel when there were tons of women around her.

"It either you concentrate here or you glare daggers at them," Felix finally snapped. He was starting to get annoyed now.

Fryer looked at Felix and then at Daniel as if debating what to do. "You know what, I have enough training with you!" He finally announced and started to take fast steps towards Daniel.

"Oh boy," Felix watched, "He is so whipped!"

"Daniel!" Fryer called him out. Scarlett and Daniel stopped and looked at him questioningly. "Let have a battel!"

"Where is that coming from out of nowhere?" Scarlett asked him.

Daniel smirked at him mockingly, "You think you can win against me?" 

"Let's fight and find out the answer to that!" Fryer replied, his own smirk appearing on his face.

•☾•

Fryer raised his hands proudly as he finally won. Expecting to see Scarlett clapping for him and looking at him proudly, he was met with disappointment when she instead ran to the half-conscious Daniel for his aid. 

"Are you okay?" She asked him and put his hand around her shoulder, "Can you stand up?"

Daniel who was aware of Fryer's jealousy internally smirked and leaned closer to Scarlett. Fryer growled and walked to him in anger. He grabbed his hand and pulled it off Scarlet's shoulder.

"What are you...?" Scarlett watched in surprise when Fryer picked him up in his arms bridal style. 

Felix who was watching from a distance choked on his own saliva. She shook his head. "He really is whipped!"

Daniel groaned, "A little gentle."  

Fryer glared down at him  and then looked at Scarlett, "I'll take him to the infirmary."

Too shocked to reply, Scarlett nodded her head with her mouth wide opened. Elaric and Elestren, who were nearby came to her, "What was that about?"

"I—" Scarlet paused. "I have really no idea!"

Fryer kept glaring at the wall as Astraea helped Daniel clean up the blood as he had himself healed most of the injury. Astraea took her leave after finishing her job as she noticed the tension that was in the room.

"You do know that I have a mate right?" Daniel asked him.

"It doesn't change anything," Freyer replied.

"It does actually," Daniel stated. "I liked Alpha Scar, there is no doubt at that."

Fryer growled when he heard his words but Daniel paid no attention and continued. "But that was way before. Now I have Diana and I only think of Alpha Scar as a best friend. Maybe more than a best friend. She is my family who helped me when I was at the lowest."

Fryer looked at him.

"I can give my life for her, that is how much important she is to me. You have no idea how damn lucky you are to have Alpha Scar as your mate."

"I do," Fryer muttered.

"If you do then protect her..." Daniel denied, "...with your life just like she has been protecting everyone's with her life!"

•☾•

"What do you plan on doing after this all end?" Elestren asked Scarlett. The two have been sitting in her room just like they used to be. 

"I don't know. I never thought about it," Scarlett shrugged. 

"Maybe, you can think about it now," Elestren suggested.

"I don't know if I'll be even alive by then." 

"Shut the nonsense," Elestren narrowed her eyes at her.

"Alright! No need to fret about it," Scarlett joked. "As for what I am going to do after this end—hmm, why not you give me some suggestion?" 

"How about making me a godmother?" Elestren suggested making Scarlett gasp. She picked up her pillow and threw it at her which she dodged, "I'm serious. Aurora will also get a friend to play with!"

"She already has Mike!" Scarlett said and threw another pillow at her.

"It's never bad to have more friends," Elestren joked. "But seriously, think about it."

A thoughtful expression took over her face, "I would love to travel around without any fear. All my life, I have been running not appreciating the beauty I saw. This time, I want to enjoy it all."

'I know right!" Elestren smiled.

"But it's impossible," Scarlett gave a sad smile, "Both Fryer and I have our packs to look after. We can't just abandon them and go traveling around."