| 31 |

Everyone watched in awe as Zolten threw the last punch at his opponent knocking him out

Everyone watched in awe as Zolten threw the last punch at his opponent knocking him out. It was solo combat in human form which proved to a piece of cake for him. The crowd erupted in cheers as Zolten was declared victorious.

"Your pack really is different from any other packs out there," The king said to Scarlett who was sitting nearby. All the alphas were sitting beside the royal family at the very top of the arena. The council and the court members were sitting behind the royal family while the alphas sit on either side.

Elaric who himself had recognized Scarlett stayed silent and stared between her and Fryer who coincidently were sitting right beside each other. Ever since that fight four years ago, he had gotten quite close to Fryer, and even though Fryer had shown him disrespect dozens of times, he had never mind it.

"This just intrigues me on how your pack will fight in wolves form," The king said, "Especially how their alpha will fight in wolf form."

Elaric and Fryer snapped their eyes at the king and then towards Scarlett.

"May I ask why you feel that way?" Scarlett asked unfazed by the king's request.

"I just want to see how great and magnificent their leader is,"

Scarlett chuckled at the king's statement. "If that is what you ask for, I'll be delighted to show that to you but only in time. If you haven't noticed, we prefer fighting in human form rather than wolf form."

"Of course Alpha Scar," King Marlin laughed, but the time you mentioned will arrive tomorrow."

Scarlett laughed at his statement, "I didn't know the king would be this eager, no disrespect intended."

•☾•

Scarlett was passing through one of the hallways ready to call it a day after the training when a hand grabbed her and pulled her inside an empty room. Out of instinct, she kneed the person in his stomach and was about to punch him when she recognized the face.

"Prince Elaric?" Wide-eyed, she immediately went to his aid, "Oh God! Elaric, Are you okay? What were you thinking dragging me like that?"

Elaric laughed while clutching his stomach, "I couldn't think of another way by which you would willingly talk to me."

Scarlett gave him a look.

"Anyways, that's not the problem. We have something important to discuss." Elaric said and pulled her to one of the chairs that were lying in the room.

"Important things like what?" She asked him.

"Like tomorrow's fight!" Elaric sat in front of her and gave her a concerned look. "What are you going to do about it?"

"What about it?" Scarlett gave him a confused look.

"You can't shift Elena! Yet you are required to fight in wolf form tomorrow."

The realization hit Scarlett about what he was talking about.

"How about I talk to father and tell him about your case? I am sure he would understand."

Scarlett chuckled and took his hands in hers. "It's Scarlett, not Elena and don't worry about tomorrow's fight."

"I think you don't understand..."

"I totally understand what you are talking about" Scarlett cut him off. "And I mean it when I said don't worry. Me not being able to shift, that was long ago!"

"WHAT?" Elaric looked at her shocked. "You mean you can actually...?"

Scarlett nodded her head. "I can shift alright!"

"Ho...how?"

"I'm not sure," Scarlett shrugged, "I had gotten seriously ill three years ago. My fever lasted for a whole month. That was when I shifted to everyone's surprise. Mama Rose said something about my wolf being dormant due to me being half-blood."

"So let me get this straight," Elaric looked at her shocked, "You can actually fully transform like any other werewolf? And on top of that, you can also have witch powers."

"How did you know about the witch part?" She looked at him questioningly.

"Fryer told me," Scarlett tilted her head in confusion, "He and I have become pretty close in these past years."

"Oh!" She nodded her head.

"But this fact means that you actually have a mate," Elaric looked at her.

"I'm not sure about that and I haven't thought about it either." Scarlett shrugged.

Elaric nodded his head, "That's understandable."

He then looked at her with a strange expression. "Elen..I mean, Scarlett! You..."

"Me?" Scarlett looked at him with her round blue eyes and Elaric immediately looked away.

"Nothing," He gave her a fake smile. "It's nothing."

"Are you sure?" Scarlett asked him to which he nodded.

"Alright! Well, I have to go now. Have a big day tomorrow," She stood up. Elaric followed after.

"I can't wait to see the expression on others' faces tomorrow," He joked to which she laughed.

Scarlett hugged him and walked away while Elaric just stood there as the smile slowly faded away from his face. 

"Maybe I'm hoping for too much," He muttered under his breath.

A small part of him hoped that she was who he thought she was but he knew that was impossible. She had a family of her own, there was no way she was his sister.