| 20 |

It was a full-blown fight going on but as Elena had expected, their enemies were outnumbered

It was a full-blown fight going on but as Elena had expected, their enemies were outnumbered. They had already lost a great number thanks to the traps that were set in for them and the remaining were tired as well. Elena was watching from a distance not making a move herself. Instead, she was calculating the situation-figuring out their enemies and who was the one controlling the rogues.

Elena was looking around when she felt someone sneak up on her. Not having enough time to react, she was tackled by a heavy body. It was alpha Marcus but what stood out the most was his pitch-black eyes.

He was controlled as well.

Elena was about to stab him with a dagger when he grabbed her chin and made her look at him, "Look!"

Elena blinked not sure what he was talking about. She immediately stabbed him on his shoulder but he didn't even flinch from the impact.

"Look through his eyes!" Alpha Marcus said but it was not his voice. Elena shivered in fear when she recognized the voice immediately. It was the voice she hasn't heard in years, the same voice that made her wake up at night.

"LOOK!" the aggression, the coldness, oh how could Elena forget it. Elena was trembling in fear, his voice alone was enough to make her cover in fear.

She did what he asked her for without thinking twice. Her eyes glowed red for a second and memories after memories flashed in front of her, except they weren't her memories but of the alpha who was holding her.

"I'll be soon having a reunion with my baby girl," Bertron said.

He was sitting on his throne, a black crown resting proudly on his head. A huge crowd of werewolves both rogues and Azulo pack members were lined in front of his throne. Bertron looked straight at Alpha Marcus but for some reason, Elena felt as if he was looking at her. Her shivering became harsh.

"You have been working hard, Little Scarlett!" Elena gasped hearing the name she hadn't heard in ages. "Oh, I forgot! You aren't little anymore and you don't go by the name Scarlett either."

Elena felt breathing become difficult for her. Sweat started to cover her body.

Suddenly, Ciana appeared in her vision. She made her way towards Bertron and placed a hand on his chest. Bertron wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her temple.

"Don't scare the poor girl that much," Ciana laughed.

Elena wanted to puke but she couldn't move as this was just a memory, a memory that belonged to Alpha Marcus, but a memory that was made for her.

"You are right!" Bertron said with a thoughtful expression before a cold emotionless expression took over his face.

"You should hide better, Little Scarlett!"

Elena was squirming on the inside under Bertron's gaze, "you might win this fight my dear child, but can you win against your father?"

Elena gasped for air when suddenly the images disappeared from her vision. Someone ripped Alpha Marcus off her but she didn't pay attention. She emotionlessly stared at the sky as she kept replaying his words in her mind.

Can you win against your father? Can you win against your father? Can you...

"Elena?" Verena came in her view, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"Huh?" Elena snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her. "Ah yes. I'm fine."

She gave her a small smile and stood up. She turned and saw Alpha Marcus was lying in his own blood with Felix in his wolf form standing beside him. He had killed him.

"What happened here?" Verena asked her. Felix walked to where they were standing and gave her a concerning look.

"Nothing," Elena gave a tired smile. "I'm not fully rested, I guess."

She turned to look at the battlefield to see they had already won. Few of the hunters had escaped while all the rogues along with most of the Azulo pack warriors were dead. The few left warriors were arrested. Noticing that they were all sane, she went to one of the pack warriors who was no older than twenty.

"What actually happened in your pack?" Elena asked him.

Fryer immediately came to her side to see if she was alright but Elena paid no attention to him. When the warrior gave no reply, Elena spoke again. "Was it the rogue king?"

Elestren gasped at her question, "You don't mean..."

The warrior looked at her in fear. "You should hide, you all should," he looked around at everyone. "He is going to kill you all."

Elena closed her eyes and took a long shaky breath before opening her eyes again. "Is...is anyone left in your pack?"

A tear escaped her eye when the warrior shook his head negatively. Elestren walked to Elena and grabbed her hand, fear evident in her eyes as well. Elena gave her a reassuring smile, telling her everything will be okay however they both knew nothing was right. They both were scared as their past had finally caught up to them.

"Take the remaining warriors to the prison," Fryer commanded, "send someone to check their injuries."

He had noticed the distressed look on the two girls' faces. He knew that the girls were afraid of the man who called himself the king of rogues. He could see them tremble, especially Elena who didn't look as strong as he had always seen her. A feeling of protectiveness took over him with the thought that she was scared of something.

Elena watched as the warriors willingly let themselves get taken as this was the only way they could protect themselves. The warrior whom Elena was talking to turned around and stared at her, "my grandma...she was a prophecy teller."

Elena looked at him questioningly.

"When the darkness falls, the sky will turn red. A queen will rise..."

"And will either bring destruction or peace to the world!" Elena and Prince Elaric finished the line completing the prophecy.

Elaric sighed and looked at the ground in regret, "but there is no queen as she died before she was even born."

Elaric remembered the first time he heard this prophecy. It was when her mother got pregnant with his younger sister and a prophecy teller came to check her fortune but no one expected her to have such a destiny. Weeks later, his mother, the queen was kidnapped and later found dead. The whole werewolf kingdom mourned over their death till this day. Yet, no one ever saw the princess. She was gone and so was their hope.