| 42 |

Scarlett had just taken a bath and was walking around in her bathrobe with the door of her room burst opened revealing a very disheveled looking Fryer

Scarlett had just taken a bath and was walking around in her bathrobe with the door of her room burst opened revealing a very disheveled looking Fryer. He had his hair untamed and his beard was unshaved. He was looking at her like a manic and was breathing profusely. 

'Fr...Fryer?" Scarlett looked at him shocked and then behind him to see a couple of royal guards running in his direction. 

"Your highness!" The guards themselves looked out of breath making her wonder what exactly did Fryer made them go through. 

"Leave him," Scarlett said and when she was sure the guards had left, she turned to Fryer, "Mind explaining what is..."

She was cut off when Fryer walked to her in three long paces and kissed her.

"Fr...Fryer!" She tried to push him away at the sudden turn of events but Fryer immediately grabbed her hand and held them behind her back as he kept kissing her hungrily and forcefully.

Not being able to pull away, she finally gave in and kissed him back, as roughly as he was. She didn't even know she missed this until she finally tasted his lips. The two kissed not pulling apart for even a second as Fryer slowly pushed her body against the wall. 

Finally, after a minute of the intense kiss, they pull apart but they still didn't pull away. Fryer rested his forehead on hers and continued breathing harshly. 

"What's wrong?" Scarlett asked him in a small whisper having seen the worried and painful expression on his face. 

Fryer closed his eyes and breathed out, "I missed you!"

Scarlett slowly caressed his cheek feeling his small beard under her skin. "What happened?" 

Fryer shook his head and pulled her into a hug burying his head in the crook of her neck. "I...I need you!"

Scarlett shivered at the broken sound of his voice. He pulled him away and looked into his eyes searching through his memories. A growl threatened to escape her throat when she saw how Ciana warned him. She pulled him back into the hug patting him lightly.

"It's okay! I'm here. I'm here," She whispered in his ear trying to comfort him. 

The two stayed in the same position as Scarlett kept whispering soft words in his ear. After finally calming down, Fryer finally pulled apart and looked into her eyes taking in each and every feature of her face memorizing them. 

"Elena!" He whispered. Scarlett looked at him, her eyes staring more at his lips than his eyes, "I want you!" 

It was as if something broke inside her. Without losing another second, she placed her lips on his, this time kissing him slowly and tenderly. Fryer's hand went to the knot of her robe loosening it. He gently slid the robe off her body, all the while not breaking the kiss even once. He grabbed Scarlett's round butt and pulled her up. On autopilot, Scarlett wrapped her legs around his body and let him guide her to the bed. 

Within seconds, Fryer's naked body was hovering over hers showing kisses all over her naked skin. The two had forgotten about the world, about the war they were fighting, about the pain they carried. They two continued to make love for hours telling through their actions just how much they longed for each other.

•☾•

Scarlett sat in front of the dressing table, fixing the small crown over her head. She stopped when her eyes landed on the crook of her neck where a bite mark was visible and a small smile made its way on her lips. She stared at the sleeping figure on the bed through the mirror. She couldn't believe he had this much stamina knowing she had run hundreds of miles to get her but she wasn't complaining though. 

Finally satisfied with her appearance, she walked out of the room and made her way to the training grounds. The whole Sverlian pack was there along with the royal knights and warriors. They all stopped when they noticed her presence as this was the first time she had came here. 

Daniel who was training with Zolten made walked to her. "Finally decided to show us you are alive?" 

"I...I need help," Scarlett looked around and sighed. "I...can't fight alone in this battle. I tried but I already failed."

All of the Sevrlian pack looked at her and smiled. Haize replied, "It's about time you realized that!" 

"Do you think we would have let you fight alone after all you did for us?" Zolten said. 

"We have one troublesome alpha," Derek joked. 

Scarlett looked at the royal warriors, "Will you help me stop this war?" 

 They all looked at each other and got on one knee, "You are our queen, we will follow your every command!" The lead warrior said.

"This war will bring an end to the royal rule," Scarlett told them seriously, "Will you still fight at this cost?"

"Will our kind be protected at the end?" He asked. Scarlett nodded silently. 

"We are at your service, your highness!"

"You are not doing anything without me by your side!" Scarlett turned to see Fryer standing there with a determined look on his face. 

"Wouldn't dare of doing it!" Scarlett smiled, "I just realized, I am nothing when I stand alone!"