| 24 |

Elena watched the sleeping figure of Elestren who had spent the night with her and silently apologized to her

Elena watched the sleeping figure of Elestren who had spent the night with her and silently apologized to her. Although she had said that she would stay another day, she was actually going to leave tonight. There was too much happening right now and if she waited any longer, she was afraid the feelings she had for Fryer would stop her. 

Elena picked up the small bag and placed the letter she had written for Elestren on the dressing table. She didn't write anything for anyone else, feeling too guilty to even write a single word. With one last glance at Elestren, she walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind her. 

"I pýli eínai anoichtí," Elena whispered and a huge ball of light appeared in front of her. Elena was taking too much risk revealing her actual witch powers but she couldn't think of any other way. This was the only way she could leave this place as soon as possible.

Without thinking twice, she walked into the portal which led her to the underground prison. Silently, she crept behind a wall and studied the guards that were standing there. She raised her hand and once again chanted a spell, "Ypnos."

Immediately, a feeling of sleepiness came over the guards and they fall on the ground. Elena walked past them. She took the keys that were secured around the belt of one of the guards and went to the prison rooms. The Azulo warriors were lying at the corner with their hands chained in silver chains. There were seven of them, four women and three men including the warrior for talked about the prophecy. Elena immediately opened the door and went inside.

They looked up at her surprised. Elena waved her hand in the air breaking the chains. "Let's go! We don't have time to waste."

"Who are you?" The warrior asked. 

Elena turned around and looked in his eyes, "Xavier right?"

"How do you know me?" He looked at her in shock. 

"I have no time to explain," Elena said urgently, "If you stay here, you all will be hanged to death."

"If we leave, we all will be killed be rogue kind," Xavier scoffed. 

"You aren't the only one who will die because of him," Elena shook her head. "We got the same enemy. Isn't it better to work together than die in vain?" 

Xavier looked at her hesitantly and then back at his people. Finally, he closed his eyes and gave, "How are we going to escape this place?"

"We first need to get Katherin," Elena said and walked out of the room. 

"She is alive?" Xavier looked at her in shock but a ray of hope was visible in his eyes. 

They made a few turns until they reached a deeper part of the prison. Everyone could feel their bodies become week due to a strange force around them. 

"The walls here are made of silver. It makes a werewolf become week," Elena told them and placed her hand on the thick silver door which had no keyhole and was sealed. "Let's just hope, she is still alive."

"Anoixe!" Red light surrounded the door and the door started to vibrate under her touch until it finally opened. 

"You...you are a witch?" Xavier looked at her in fear not believing his eyes. 

"Half witch," Elena corrected him. "I'm a half-witch half-werewolf."

Just as Elena stepped her foot inside the room, loud sirens began making her curse. She was not expecting this. "Stay here! I'll bring her out," Elena commanded and ran inside. 

Mortified by the condition Katherin was in, she stopped in her tracks. She was barely breathing which Elena thought was a miracle. Her insanely white skin was loosely hanging and there was barely any meat left over her bones. Her once beautiful blond hair haad turned bristles. Elena immediately picked her up in her arms and made her way out.

Everyone gasped at her condition. "Katherine!" Xavier ran to her and took her in his own arms. 

"We have to leave, NOW!" They turned around to run when Fryer emerged at the door along with other pack members. 

"Elena?" He looked at her feeling betrayed. Elena immediately looked away from him in guilt. 

"What are you doing Elena?" Felix asked her shocked. 

"I'm sorry," Elena looked at him, her voice broken and tears gathered in her eyes. "I don't have another way."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Fryer growled in anger making everyone flinch. "WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING?" 

Elena shook her head too afraid to look at him.

"What are we going to do now?" Xavier whispered.

Elena closed her eyes and relaxed all of her muscles. She needed as much energy as she could muster to do what she was about to do next. She opened her eyes showing her red glowing eyes. Slowly the wind started to pick around them.

"Elena," Elena looked at the broken look Elestren had on her face, tears streaming down her face, "Are you sure about this?"

"This is the only way I can protect you all," Elena whispered, her own tears cascading down her face. 

"Tilefortóste sto pagoméno vounó" A huge red ball of light appeared around Elena and the Azulo's people. 

Elena looked at Fryer for one last time and gave a sad smile. Fryer blinked when he saw multiple flashes of memories in front of his eyes. Memories that belonged to Elena, memories that showed the story behind each and every scar that covered her body. Too shocked to even say a word, he helplessly watched Elena—or Scarlett as that was her real name. 

"I love you," Her voice whispered around the prison wall as the group disappeared into thin air.

When the wind quietened down, Elena and the members of the Azulo pack found themselves in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by snow wherever they looked, they stood shocked to even say a word. As reality slowly hit Elena, she felt her legs up. She fell to the ground as tears started to fall from her eyes like a broken damn.

"AHHHHH!" she yelled in pain. She looked up in the sky staring into nothing as memories started to appear in front of her eyes, "AHHHHH..."

That day, for the first time in years, Elena cried her heart out. Letting go of all the emotions she had bottled inside her, she cried until no tears were left. And when she finally stood up, no emotions remained. Her heart now caged in cold walls, she looked at the people that watched her. There was no trace of any kind of feelings, no glimmer of emotions visible in her eyes.

"Today, we begin a new life," she said looking at all the faces that stood in front of her, "away from the world, hidden from the everyone's eyes, we will live in seclusion and prepare for a war against the man who took our lives away from us."