|19 |

Elena watched as lunch was served in front of them

Elena watched as lunch was served in front of them. She noticed the way Katherine was staring at the food and how she kind of seemed nervous when food was served in front of Fryer. It seemed like no one noticed her behavior as Fryer was busy chatting with his beta and third.

Elena kicked Elestren under the table who was busy chatting with Verena. The two girls looked at her. Elena discreetly nodded towards Katerine making them look at her two. Elestren gave a curt nod telling her she understood what she meant.

"Hey babe, can you pass me the salt?" she called out to Jaden.

"Sure!" Jaden said and looked at her confirming he had understood about their secret code. It was stupid but Katherin never got suspicious.

Fryer looked at Elena who picked up a fork and discreetly pointed towards her food telling him something was wrong with it. Fryer immediately took note and mind linked everyone in the pack to be stay alert and not touch the food.

"Oh, ketchup is missing!" Elena said and stood up, "I'll go get it."

She immediately walked into the kitchen and started to look through the dishes to see what was wrong. She tasted each and every dish at the tip of her tongue even though it was all meat. Realizing what was wrong, she took out the jars containing salt and other spices and started to touch them on her tongue's tip as well.

Pepper!

It was poisoned with wolfsbane.

She picked up the ketchup and walked back into the dining room. "Sorry to keep you all waiting," She said and stopped in her tracks when she reached behind Kathrine. Before Katherine could react, she pinched her on the back of her neck which caused her to faint immediately.

"Lock her up before she wakes up," Elena said tired, and went back to her seat dejectedly. "Thanks to her, I can't have my lunch," Elena groaned.

"What did she do?" Jaden asked.

"Pepper!" She reclined back in her seat in frustration, "She had mixed wolfsbane with pepper."

Elena suddenly went rigid when she felt it, the immense feeling of danger crushing at her. With wide eyes, her head tilted upward with a sudden jerk as her breathing stopped for a moment. The feeling was too strong for her body.

"What's wrong Elena?" Elestren immediately stood up, understanding the familiar actions. Elena instantly turned her face to the left facing the direction which was the meetup point of their enemies. Even though they were far away from them and there were thick walls of the house blocking her view, she could still feel them. The feeling was so strong she had never felt it before, not this strong anyway.

"Elena, what is it?" Fryer asked her unsure what was happening.

Elena stood up and walked out of the door everyone following after her. She closed her eyes and let the familiar feeling take over her. When she opened her eyes, her flashing red eyes were visible making everyone gasp. They watched in astonishment as they had never seen such eyes before.