| 43 |

Scarlett lightly knocked at the door before entering inside and instantly turned around

Scarlett lightly knocked at the door before entering inside and instantly turned around. Seeing her brother's naked body sprawled beside his equally naked mate was not a wonderful sight. The two gasped and immediately pulled the cover's over themselves.

"Well, for someone being locked inside your room, you are doing much better than I had expected, "Scarlett joked.

"Didn't have anything else to do so I thought, why not!" Elaric casually shrugged and smirked down at the blushing Alina.

"Now, if you don't want to see your brother fucking his mate, you better leave," He snapped.

Scarlett sighed at his anger, "I just wanted to say one thing to you."

"Say it and leave,"

Scarlett turned to look at him but again turned away, "Can you at least put on some clothes?"

"Is that an order, your Highness?" Elaric spat out the last part.

"At least listen to her," Alina told him.

Elaric rolled his eyes and grumbled 'whatever'. Scarlett took a long breath and turned around, this time not caring whether he was naked or not.

"Oh come on, A little privacy, please!" Elaric snapped.

"I am ending the royal rule!" Scarlett announced.

"What?" Elaric asked confused.

"The rogue king, he is after the crown. That is why he has been doing this for all these years." Scarlett explained, "Tonight, I will break the royal bond."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Elaric looked at her bewildered and slid off the bed exposing his making body again.

"That was why I told you to put on some clothes!" Scarlett screamed and turned around. "Find me when you are fully dressed!" She said and immediately ran out of the room not believing she had seen the horror twice.

Elaric instantly picked his clothes from the floor and ran out of the room while putting them on. He yelled after Scarlett who was turning while he closed his shirt buttons.

"Please don't tell me you ran out naked," Scarlett shuddered at the thought of it and increased her pace.

"I am wearing clothes, alright!" He ran to her side and started to walk beside her. "Now tell me exactly what you meant by earlier?"

"I'll tell the details in front of dad," Scarlett said and the two made their way towards the room where the Merlin has locked himself inside for days.

•☾•

"I figured that much when I saw your actions as a queen," Merlin said as he took a sip from his tea.

"You knew?" Scarlett asked in shock.

"I have been a king for decades. It wasn't that hard to figure this out." He gave her a tired smile.

Scarlett walked to him and crouched down in front of him, her hands resting on his lap. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"For ending the last thing that you cherished so much," Scarlett looked at him in guilt.

Merlin shook his head, "You are not ending it, you are protecting it. You are protecting the people I cherish the most."

"Dad!" Scarlett gave him a teary smile, "I wished I knew you were my father long ago."

Merlin grabbed her hand and stood up pulling her up as well. "Seeing where you stand right now, I am so proud to say this to your mom that you are our daughter." He looked at Elaric and continued, "I am proud of my son and my daughter. I'm proud of our family."