Just Trust Me

Chapter 3

Just Trust Me

                You squirmed around in bed before popping up completely. The sun-rays crept through the blinds, illuminating the room. "What time is it?" You woke up so discombobulated. It was 7:03 a.m. You sighed with relief, knowing that you had plenty of time to get ready for today with Professor Prescott. "Daniel...." The bed was empty, same as it was last night. Last nights fight was very intense. Falling asleep on nights like those were such a task. Every thought would pierce your mind. It was an on going battle of fighting those repetitive replays of constant reminding. Thoughts of what if and doubts always left you confused as to who was right and to who was wrong. You hopped out the bed and decided to check the bathroom. "Daniel..." Empty as well. You got more nervous by the second as you checked the entire condo for him. He always came home after a fight, so you feared the worst. Did he leave you? You nearly slipped in your thigh high socks running around for him. "Daniel... Babe..." So sign. You thought about the final words he said, " 'Over this [Yn]... OVER IT' !" Uh-oh... Trying to calm down, you decided to check your cell phone. You quickly rushed to the bedroom. "OH SHIT!!!" *bark-bark--arrrhh* You were rushing around so crazy you hardly noticed Champ following you. You damn near squashed him with your foot. "I'm so sorry baby," you knelt down, gently stroking him. He licked your nose. "Come on, let mommy get you breakfast." You led him to the patio and filled his bowls with food and water. "Stay right here, mommy will be back. Gotta go find daddy!" *Bark* He was so cute. After shutting the patio door, you rushed to the bedroom to check your phone. "Fuck... He sent nothing!" Now you were nervous. You grabbed the condo key and shut the door behind you. The only place he may have been well.... you hoped he was there. If he wasn't there then you'd really freak out. You rushed down the halls in nothing but a long shirt and thigh high socks. You stopped at the door, then anxiously peeped inside. There he was...

                You exhaled with relief. He was inside the gym down the hall. Seeing him made you so happy. You leaned against the door and watched him do pull-ups. The room was empty with the exception of him. Daniel loved exercise. It was an escape, not to mention he was definitely getting results. Watching him exercise made you so wet... Just seeing him get so muscular. It only made you feel more safe in his arms. You smiled, then slipped away back to the condo. "I'll get him some water and a towel." Minutes later, you were back. Once again you leaned against the door. Now he was on the bench press. After watching him for a few moments, you slowly approached him. He noticed you after about 10 reps. Once he knew it was you, he placed the bar on the rack and sat up slowly. You stood before him with a cup of water and a towel in the other hand. Sweat beat down his face and onto his big chest. He looked you up and down. You said nothing, just handed him the cup of water. He drunk from it; although, Dan was a bit confused. I mean the previous night you were at each others throats, again. Seeing you come to him so calm and gentle threw him off, completely. You stood in between his legs, then softly grabbed his face to wipe his sweat. His eyes moved back and forth between your innocent eyes and your plump lips. You backed up and just stared at one another. Who would speak first? He licked his lips before sipping the last of his water. His eyes looked so heavy. "Di-did you come home last night?" "Yeah... Couldn't sleep though. Been here since 6:30." It was silent for a moment. "Look... if you here tryna start something.... I'm not in the mood. I have nothing left..." You immediately started shaking your head, soon followed by tears. "No... No Daniel..." "No what?" "That's not why I'm here. I just wa-want things to be right babe." He placed the cup down on the floor, then motioned with his hands to 'come here.' You walked over to him, wiping your eyes. He always did hate seeing you cry. Every. Single. Time. "Come on mama." He picked your body up and placed it in his lap. Your legs dangled behind him. His big strong arms caressed your back. "Stop it... Stop [Yn]... Stop crying." "I don't wanna fight any-anymore." He looked into your eyes before saying, "Me either... I ain't sleep at all. Didn't feel right knowing we ain't make up." He wiped your eyes, "[Yn]... Whats been going on lately? Why all the tears?" "It's so much Daniel... My schooling is killing me, parents aren't together..." "What?" "Yeah *sniff-sniff* I was going to tell you but we haven't been on good terms either. I just never got to it." "I know baby... Look we'll be okay. And as for your parents just pray for them. That's for them to deal with, not you. It has nothing to do with you, nor change the fact that they love you or each other." You nodded, "I guess you're right. Not to mention I gotta go assist Prescott today, Ugh." "Its all good. You got it." "Mmmm..." "I know things been rough lately... But we gotta hang in here together." His eyes were so dreamy; you knew he was being sincere. *Cough-cough* Your tears immediately faded; this feeling of peace came over you. Daniel knew exactly what to say. And if his words weren't enough, he always backed up what he said. His support towards you was always consistent. "Thank you Daniel." "Its what I'm here for..." He began leaving soft kisses on your neck, while tightening the grip on your back. He consoled you the best way he could. As he kissed your neck, you stroked his toned back with your hands. You could feel the sweat but didn't care; you were used to the sweat whenever you'd make love to each other. "Mmm..." You moaned softly as he slowly moved your body against his. Being in his arms made you feel so safe. He kissed your ear, "What time do you have to leave?" "I gotta meet her at 10:30." "Perfect." Instantly, you got chills down your back. "Gimme those lips," he whispered in your ear. You kissed his lips, slowly. It had been so long since you kissed this way. You really missed him.