Family Matter II

Chapter 22

Family Matters II

**Hi ladies. I really wanted to give you a chapter today. I have been adjusting to my new semester in college and work, as well as personal things. I am super busy, But I still want to make time for you. I hope you enjoy todays chapter!**

                   Everyone sat around the dinner table, chit-chatting and what not. It was a very mellow vibe taking place in the room. You looked up at one point from talking with Miley and just smiled at your parents. It felt good to see them here and away from the issues back home. They looked so refreshed and peaceful. "AH!" You jumped from the touch of his hand on your leg. It snapped you outta your day dreaming. "Wassup," you turned to his face. "Gimme kiss." After quickly pecking his lips, you gazed into his brown eyes, "I feel so much better." He nodded his head slowly, "Me too baby." "I MUST SAY, DINNER ISN'T TOO BAD!" The both of you looked over at your dad, "You know me and Daniel know how to put it down in the kitchen!" He smacked on the steak, exaggerating his chewing, "Right." Everyone laughed. It put a huge smile on your face to see your parents being themselves. "Stop Daryl... You know they did their thang right?" Miley raised her folk, "I love everything. All the flavors are there," she pointed to her plate. Daniel leaned over to tell her thank you. She was too sweet. "I've really been enjoying you all here, honestly. This visit is long past due." "Mhm." Rev continued to speak, "If you all don't mind, after dinner I would like to speak to the adults in private." "Not at all Pop. Me and [Yn] gotta leave in a bit anyway. Spin wants to meet us at the crib for something." Everyone nodded. As crazy as this might sound, you actually missed that fool lol. You pushed your mostly finished plate away from you. "All finished mama?" "Mhm," you said looking at him. He rubbed your face, "Good good. I can't wait to see Champ." "Me too." *Buzzz*  He clutched his phone and focused on a text. After looking around, it seemed like everyone else was done too. You wanted dessert now lol. Perry stood to his feet, "Everyone thing was good Shawts." "Thank you Perry." He kissed you, then went around the table. Even though Perry was like family, he has his own to go to. "You not gone stay for dessert Perry?" "Nah, not tonight Rev. I gotta go see about my son. But save me some of whatever!"  It was bittersweet seeing Perry leave, honestly. He was such a huge support system for you and your family. Being around to witness everything that lead up to this dinner without a doubt made him someone you could rock with. After he finished saying his goodbyes, you watched as he inched towards the door. Without a second to think, you stood up and ran over to the door. Nosey asf, everyone turned to see what was going on. "Hey Perry," you tapped his back, "Wait up." "Goodness shawts, a swift jog from the table to the door and you outta breathe already?" "I'm obviously not the most athletic, but that's besides the point," you both chuckled, "I just... I just wanted to thank you. For everything Perry. The way I seen you handle my family, it was so touching." His finger gently wiped your eyes. "You did, I mean do us like your our own blood. I can't even wrap my head around that. You are such a loving man, and its been a blessing to be apart of this with you." Daniel watched from the table, a bit bewildered on what you were saying. He grew worried that something was wrong. Right as he began to stand, he stopped once he saw you hug Perry. A smile grew on his face.  Daniel loved seeing how emotional involved you were with his family. Made him confidently sure on why he wanted to be with you. The both of you released from the hug. The tears in your eyes were not tears of sadness, but of joy and gratitude. He had not even a clue as to how much you loved him. His soft but masculine hands cuffed your face, "I love you like the daughter I never had. And you know this shawts. I believe in you and your family. There is a reason for all that's happened to them. God got something for y'all planned. I can promise you that. But I need you to do me a favor and keep it together okay? Don't worry about your parents okay? Let them figure things out," he said subliminally referring to the possible divorce, "Okay sweetheart?" You nodded as he wiped your tears. He kissed you once more and hugged you, tightly. "Alright P, I'll see you soon. Thanks again." "Without a doubt." "ALRIGHT PERRY! " "SEE YOU LATER P WATER!" "GOODNIGHT!"  "ALRIGHT, Y'ALL BE GOOD," he waved at everyone before opening the door. He gave you a wink after you offered to lock the door. You shut the door and stood there for a moment, just feeding from the peaceful vibe Perry blessed you with. "I understand now..." "Understand what?" You turned to find Daniel behind you. He watched as you slowly turned around, "Understand what babe?" "Why y'all love that dude so much..." "Yeah," Dan rubbed his chin, "He been around since I was a youngin'. Makes me feel good knowing y'all got that bond too." "Yeah." He smiled, looking you up and down, "We gotta get going mama. Spin is heading over soon." You frowned, "I wanted dessert. Oh well." "Don't worry about that," he folded his arms, "I can take care of that later. Now lets go say our goodbyes for now." "Mhm." You both headed over to the table.