Why Her?

Chapter 2

Why Her?

                                                2 Years Later...

                "I need all your designs by Monday. Today is Friday so you have ample time to get those done. I pray that none of you still haven't started because, well, that's your ass!" *the entire classroom laughs* Professor Prescott circled around her desk in silence before looking up at you, "I believe that's it ladies and gentlemen. I'll let you leave a bit early today since it is Friday!" *everyone claps in excitement* "Ah ah aaah! Don't get too excited. You do have a lot of work ahead of you. I'll see you Monday!" The sound of papers shuffling filled the room; soon after chairs being pulled from under the tables. You looked up at Roxanne and smiled. She laughed, then stuck her tongue out. "I'm so glad it's Friday... I miss Freddy." Shaking your head, you side smiled as you continued to gather your books, "That boy got you dick crazy, I SWEAR!" "Ugh, you have no room to talk Mrs. Simmons," she zipped up her bag and flung it over her shoulder. "Whatever... You just can't wait to bend ov...." Professor Prescott tapped her desk, causing you both to look up. *Ahem* She raised her eyebrow, while staring at you. Roxanne caught the hint, "I'll meet you outside." "Alright girl." You watched as she gathered her books and exited the room. With only the two of you in the room, it was a bit awkward... You smiled as you placed the last bit of your things in your bag. The sound of your heels clicking echoed throughout the room before stopping before her, "We're still on for tomorrow [Yn]." "Yes Professor Prescott, I'm all set." She paced back and forth, "I have a lot of high expectations placed on you, you better show out. You have any ideas to show me?" Before she could get another word out, you handed her a folder. She placed her glasses on her face and took a seat. Anxiously watching her overlook your ideas were nerve-wrecking because she really knew how to crush you. After a few moments of flipping, she nodded, "Good. Now get out." You both smiled at one another before she handed you your folder. She watched as you left the room. "Don't be late." "Yes ma'am." *you shut the door* Roxanne smiled when she saw you approach her, "What that bitch wanted?" "Haha, she just wanted to make sure that I'm ready for tomorrow." The two of you walked down the hall. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Are you ready [Yn]?" "Yeah... I already know she gone be all up my ass but..." You both stopped talking as she walked past you both. "Ladies..." "Have a good afternoon Professor Prescott," Roxanne said before nudging you. She disappeared after turning down another hall. "She's so strict!" "I know huh?" You stopped walking once you reached the door, "Besides gettin' dicked down by Freddy, what else you got planned this weekend?" She blushed as she moved her hair outta her face, "Just finish up this shit," she raised a paper, "But nothing else really? What about you?" "I mean, my Saturday is booked... Today I might just chill with Dan. We been so out of sync lately." "Yeah, you guys need some quality time." You looked to the side, "Yeah." "Whats that [Yn]?" You shook your head, thinking about something that happened the other day, "Oh... nothing. I'm fine." She knew you now better to know that something was on your mind, "You wanna grab something to eat mama?" You nodded a 'yes' before looking into her eyes. "Good. My treat. We can even go over the assignment if you want." "Deal." She intertwined her arm with yours as you head the the parking garage. 

                "That was so good!!!" "Mhm, thanks Roxy." "No problem girl, anything to make you smile." She could be so sweet sometimes, hell she was sweet ALL the time. The two of you stood outside one of your fave lunch spots, Dexter. You had a grilled cheese sandwich with a small bowl of gumbo on the side. "Yeah, but I'm...." She was interrupted by her cell phone. By the look on her face, you knew it was was him, Freddy. "He's at my place. I'll catch up with you later beautiful." "Haha, have fun nasty... Love you." "Love you back." You and Roxanne exchanged kisses. She smiled at you one last time before walking to her car. You stood there for a few moments, drifted away in thoughts. "Hi there." A cute guy noticed you standing alone on the sidewalk. "Hello!" He smiled before walking into the restaurant. The sound of chatter and car honks filled the air of the NYC street. You headed to the car and prepared for the drive home. You loved hanging out with Roxanne. She was a completely different person than the bitch you dealt with in high school. It was like, shit, day and night! After you shut the door, you threw your bag in the passenger seat. "What a day," you said glancing at the time on the dashboard, "It's 6:00 already!" With the key in the ignition, you twisted the nob and let the car run for a minute. You wondered if he was home... You wondered if you would eat out or just stay in tonight, guess you'd find out when you made it home.