Puting It All On the Table

Chapter 15

Putting It All On the Table

The sound of a door knock silenced the entire room. After a few more seconds, it knocked again. It's thump echoed throughout the living room. You had a feeling it was him. And if it was, what perfect timing... Everyone looked at everyone, awaiting to see what would happen next. Your mother wiped her face, "Answer the door, please [Yn]." You nodded, then headed over towards it. Right before you opened the door, you took a deep breathe and prayed nothing extreme would happen. You exhaled, then asked who it was. "Its me baby." Your heart started racing again. The past few minutes was a heated discussion on how your mom felt as though he had taken you from her... What would she do seeing him in person right now? Oh my god... You twisted the knob and pulled the door in slowly. There he was. He stood before you with a look of concern plastered on his face. By now, Daniel had an idea on what was going on... But he didn't know just how deep things were. "Whas up bae?" You stepped outside a bit, with the door against your back. He leaned in to kiss you. "Hey Dan." He half smiled, "I wanted to surprise you. My other meeting got pushed back a couple days. Soon as I found out, I headed to the clear port and got here as soon as I could. Whats up with that sign though?" You faked a smile, "I don't think you should be here right now..." He stepped back with a puzzled look on his face, "Why not? I wanna know whats up..." The fear evoked from your eyes made him very concerned. "Baby... Say something..." "WHY?! WHY ARE YOU HERE??? TO TAKE MY DAUGHTER AWAY AGAIN?! HUH?!" You turned around and looked at her in embarrassment. "Mom, please stop..." Daniel stepped inside, forcing his way in. He looked around the room, examining everything and everyone within. "What are you talking about Mrs. [YLN]?" "YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE HELL I'M TALKING ABOUT," she said moving toward him, "THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE DONE FROM THE START!" Daniel was so confused right now... And the look on his face was a dead give-away. Dan turned away from your mom and looked at you, "[Yn], what is she talking about... HUH?!" She unexpectedly grabbed him by the shirt and yanked him into her face, "DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE AT MY DAUGHTER!" Immediately, everyone tried separating the two of them. Your dad ran for your mom and pulled her aside. "YOU COMING AT ME SIDEWAYS, AND NO ONE SEEMS TO WANNA ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!" He was furious and had a legitimate reason to be. Why in the hell was his girlfriend's mom coming up on him like this for? Darnell and Monique held him back. He would never strike your mother, but as for her, well, putting her hands on him was very outta line. No exceptions. "DOES ANYBODY WANNA ANSWER ME?!" The room was silent. All that echoed throughout were soft sobs of crying. This room had quite a few broken individuals... You wanted to explain things to him but the moment was so intense. Even your dad, who ALWAYS has something to say, was at a loss for words. Your throat felt as though a lock was wrapped around it... It was a bit hard to speak, with all that was going on you couldn't even formulate a sentence. What could be said right now? Everything had taken you by surprise as well. Daniel paced the floor, staring over at your mom. She was in your fathers arms, sobbing so hard. "Daniel, baby..." you walked over to him, grabbing him by his soft cheeks, "Pl-please try and calm down... I-I'm gonna explain oh-okay?" Your mom so happened to look up and see you consoling him. All of a sudden, she ran outta your fathers arms and charged at him. "MOM!!! MOM!!! STOP!!!!" Seeing that image was the last strike. It...set...her...off.... Your father and Darnell ran over to her. "YOU CAN'T TAKE MY DAUGHTER AWAY FROM ME!!!!!" Poor Dan... He had no idea what he walked into. You could only imagine what thoughts were playing through out his head. What would make anyone want to hurt him? Watching your mom be restrained by two men was hard to watch. Your mom fought her way over to Daniel, but it was not enough. She looked like a mad woman, knocking down things while swinging her arms and kicking her legs. The sound of what was left of decoration broke against hardwood floors. Her hair was all over her head as sweat beaded down her face. "SHE'S MINE!!! SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!!" The two of them had to drag her into a completely different room while kicking and screaming. It was horrifying to watch. Never, had you seen you mom behave this way... "Mom," you said softly standing to your feet. You just wanted thing to be right... But with all that was going on, this was the absolute worse thing to witness. Sure you could deal with an obnoxious professor and a skank for a stylist, but this was not bearable. In times like these, you needed your family but not even your family was on one-accord. This was an absolute nightmare in reality. You suddenly felt dizzy... Daniel noticed you a bit unsteady. He quickly threw his cell phone down and wrapped his arms tight around you. "[YN]! [YN]!!!" "The room is spinning Da..." "I got you okay baby, just rel... [Yn]... [YN]!" I guess this was your last strike too... You blacked out...

What was it? What exactly was going on? Where did all of this aggression come from? So many unanswered questions... While you lay unconscious in Daniel's arms, everyone spoke calmly in the living room. Your parents were in their bedroom; Dad wanted to stay with her until she cooled off. He suggested that Darnell join everyone else. The four of them talked about things. "I had no idea that they were facing a foreclosure," Monique wiped her red eyes, "Are you okay Diggy?" He looked over at her, then down at you, "Yes. I'll be even better when she wakes up," he shook his head, "I just don't understand... They could have gotten help from us. We could have helped them with the house payments. You have any idea on how that makes me feel... I care for their well being," he said pointing to your parents bedroom, "Just as much as [Yn]'s... Just wanna know why she came at me like that *ahem* , like what have I done to deserve that!" "I understand how you feel fam, It got real crazy in here Man. I just think her mom has a lot of issues and seeing you struck a nerve. There is definitely an issue she has with you. Hopefully y'all can work it out.""Yeah Nell," he nodded, then he looked down at you, "Guys its been a few minutes... When she gonna wake up?!"Chelsea reassured him, "She is going to be okay. Sometimes people can faint when they are under a lot of stress. If I thought she was in any real danger, I'd suggest an ambulance." Daniel's worried eyes squinted, "Are you sure?" "Yes... I'm in school to be a nurse." He nodded, "Okay." "Mmmm.." Everyone looked over at you, that was the first response they heard from you in minutes. "[Yn]..." You opened your eyes and saw him first. His thumbs wiped your eyes, "You wit me mama?" "What happened?" "You fainted..." He pulled you into his big chest, "Just relax okay?" Everyone loved watching him console you. "She's okay Dig. I just think she had her breaking point... Got a lot going on," Nell said looking around the messy living room. After your mom's chaotic explosion, the living room looked turned upside down. "I just think Dig , like her mom feels a lot of anger towards you..." "But why?" "I'll tell you why..." Everyone sat up and watched as you mom walked back into the room... No one knew what would happen next...

Chapter 15; Putting It All On the Table

Just getting you ladies started... I'm back...