New Beginnings

A/N:I know I say this all the time but I'm really hoping to update more 😭. I've been losing readers and faith in myself lol but thanks to your motivations I can't help but keep wanting to continue this story until the end ☺️😊

Soo Mi let's go of my hand and I'm left standing right behind her in an empty and dead silent hall. I stare at the back of her perfectly updoed hair as she takes multiple deep breaths. After a few more moments of silence and her shaky breathing, I speak up.

"Umm..is everything okay?" Even though I've never really liked her, her silence was starting to worry me.

Soo Mi finally turns around with eyes full of guilt and are...watery?

"Did something happen?" My arms naturally react and were about to hold onto her arms, but I was able to resist that urge.

"I'm so sorry." Her eyebrows start to curl up as a tear slowly drips off her pointed chin.

"What's wrong?" I stand there confused and worried.

"I just wanted to apologize about everything I've ever done to you. I never realized that what I've been doing to you and your friends in the past were so horrible. And ever since I met MinGyu, he made me realize how blind I was. All I ever saw was Jin and you in my way, but now that I look at it, you and Jin are so perfect together. I was the problem and the one in the way. I was so focused on Jin that I never paid attention to anyone else and my own happiness. I regret everything I've ever done to you, to Jin, to Ji Ae, to everyone...and I'm hoping that you would accept my apology and that we could start over."

My mind is immediately filled with many thoughts and emotions. A part of me wants to slap her for just now noticing but the other part of me wants to hug and forgive her and tell her that everything is okay.

"I accept your apology." I look at her with a reassuring smile and she looks at me wide eyes and a streak of wet mascara crawls down her cheek.

Soo Mi suddenly throws her arms around me and hugs me tightly, "you don't know how much that means to me." I can feel her sigh in relief.

"I never hated you." I lightly pat her back.

"We can start over right?" She unwraps her arms but holds onto my shoulders and I nod in response.

"Alright..um. Hi. I'm Soo Mi. Kang Soo Mi." Although she still seems nervous, she hesitantly sticks out her hand.

"I'm y/n." Although a hand shake seems like a weird way to start off, I take her hand and smile back.

---

"What was the thing with Soo Mi? What happened?" Jin is sitting at the table and I walk to sit next to him.

"I have a new friend." I rest my head on my hands.

"Oh really? So..you guys made up?"

"I guess so. I just wanna be nice." I shrugged.

"Yeah. But you should still watch out."

"Just give her some time. She seemed sincere about it." I look over to the doorway we walked out from just a few minutes before.

---

*Ji Ae's POV*

A/N: Surprise!!

"Why aren't you with Taehyung?" Y/n places her hand on mine and interrupts my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh..I walked away."

"What? Why did you walk away?" She placed her hands over her mouth in surprise.

"I don't know? It's been so long that we're just back to being awkward again." I shrugged and avoided eye contact.