5 - Break the Ice

Marinette's POV

"Thank you for coming, Marinette! I'm excited to discuss the future of Kitty Section today." Rose said happily as I take a seat beside her in The Liberty. "I'm happy to be here." I smiled.

"Okay, so we have two guitarists, one singer, one drummer, but we need a pianist, not a permanent member, but one just to see how Kitty Section is with piano," Rose told the gang.

A pianist?

"How about Adrien?" I suggested, almost slapping my hand over my mouth. I mentally punched myself for suggesting that. "Hmm... I heard he's good at the piano, we should call him over." Rose nodded.

WHAT?!

"O-oh, you're gonna call him over... now?" I stammered. She nodded, then smirked along with Juleka, "Why, Marinette? Don't wanna see Adrien?" they looked at me smugly.

I blushed a vivid red hue, "W-what? What are you talking about?" I shrank down at the curious looks of Ivan and Luka.

"Alright, I'm calling him." Rose teased, taking out her phone. "Just do it! It's fine!" I exclaimed.

"Marinette, do you have a problem with Adrien?" Ivan asked. "N-no! Nothing of the sort!" I denied.

The boys looked doubtful.

"Hey, Adrien! Are you free right now?" Rose asked him over the phone.

I tried to contain myself and look as natural as possible but there was an obvious crack in my disguise.

"Really? That's cool! Could you come over to Juleka's please?" Rose looked at me with a smirk when she saw my red face.

"Thanks! See you soon!" Rose said before ending the call. "Alright, Adrien will be here soon. Marinette?" Rose looked at me.

"Hmm?" I hummed. "Could you go up and wait for Adrien please?" Rose asked. Another smirk appeared on her face.

I narrowed my eyes and tensed up, "S-sure." I nodded, standing up without another word and went upstairs.

My eyes searched the area, I stood by the edge of the boat, hoping I would see Adrien walk out from around the corner. I wanted to be excited as much as possible, but I couldn't stop thinking about how I would confess.

"Should I ask him on a date? Or should I just come out and say it...?" I asked myself aloud. "

My head was swirling with questions, it was hard to think straight. I was paying little attention to my surroundings, so I didn't notice Luka sneaking up behind me.

"Boo!" he suddenly put his hands on my shoulders. "AHH!" I couldn't balance and almost fell off the edge. Thankfully, Luka quickly caught me and put his hands around my waist. "Careful, don't wanna go overboard now, do you?" he chuckled, looking at my red face.

I didn't notice my hands were on his chest and his hands around my waist until it was too late. "I'm sorry!" I quickly pulled away, my eyes at my feet.

"Hey, guys!" Adrien's voice made my head snap up. I stared into his beautiful green eyes as he smiled at me. "Hey, Marinette." he waved.

"H-hey, Adrien." I giggled, trying not to breakdown. "Hi, I'm Luka." Luka walked up to Adrien. Seeing them shake hands made my heart flip. "Adrien, you made it!" Rose exclaimed, coming into the scene with Juleka and Ivan behind her.

"So is this like a Kitty Section meeting?" Adrien asked as we all grouped together. Rose nodded, "We needed a pianist, and we thought you'd be a good candidate." Juleka said.

Adrien's smile fell, "I don't know guys, I'm always so busy I don't think I'll be able to contribute much."

"That's why we decided that you won't be a full member, you could just play occasionally," Luka told him with his hand on Adrien's shoulder. Adrien's glorious smile came back, "Oh, okay then! Let's get started!"

As I watched Adrien play with the rest of the band, I couldn't keep my eyes away from him. I would avert my eyes every time he caught me staring to avoid the awkward silence.

Even while packing up after the practice, I would stare at him just working. How was I supposed to confess to someone so perfect without slipping up or embarrassing myself?

When Kitty Section waved him goodbye because he had to leave for a shoot, I felt my heavy heart drop.

When the rest of the members went back down to discuss more stuff, I stayed up there, watching the spot where I last saw Adrien, wishing he would come back.

I leaned against the edge of the boat, feeling oddly empty.

"Marinette?"

Shocked, I spun around. Luka was looking at me sadly, but curiosity was in his gaze too. "Are you okay?" he asked me.

I turned back to the edge again, "I'm fine." I murmured, knowing very well that I wasn't.

Luka's POV

I knew for a fact that she wasn't okay. The way she looked limp and lifeless while looking out into the water wasn't 'okay' in my dictionary.

I thought it might have had something to do with that Adrien boy, the way that she looked at him constantly, but I didn't want to pry. Instead, I quietly walked up beside her and looked out into the water as well.

Her aura seemed distant, empty, but also happy and warm. It was strange. But then again, every time I'm near this girl, it's strange. Then I thought of Adrien again.

The whole time he was there, she looked at him every second, apart from the times he caught her. I understood.

"Maybe you should ask him out on a date," I said out of the blue. "Adrien," I added to clarify. She looked at me, surprised. Then she sighed and turned her sad eyes back to the water.

"I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to be alone with him in a room for more than five minutes without breaking down," she mumbled. My heart hurt, it hurt even more when I saw her so hopeless and quiet. She was so different from the Marinette I met a week ago.

"Then, I'll go with you. We could go to the ice rink, it's a nice place when it's quiet. You two could break the ice." I suggested. She looked up at me, her eyes watered. "Thank you." I almost fell back at the force of her hug.

I wrapped my arms around her slender body, "That's what friends are for." I whispered, hugging back.

"I'll ask him then I'll tell you when it is, thanks again!" she pulled away and I watched as she ran off the Liberty and out of my sight. Nothing makes me happier than seeing her happy...