14 - Ciel

Marinette's POV

After school one day, I came across an alley on my way to the Eiffel Tower. I heard a small kitten's meow, causing me to walk into the alley.

I kept my ear out for another meow, more desperate this time. I searched around and came across a small blueish-gray tabby cat with sky blue eyes.

It shrank as I got closer, "Why hello there, it's okay. You don't need to be scared of me." I whispered, holding out my hand for the kitten to sniff.

The little creature slowly approached my hand, touching its nose with the tip of my fingers.

It's so cute!

I slowly picked it up, admiring its sky blue eyes. I smiled, "I'll ask my parents if I can keep you." I murmured to the curious kitten.

When I got back to the bakery, my parents were both working on a wedding cake for a customer. "H-hey, Mom, Dad?" I said.

"Yes, dearie?" Mom answered, turning away from the enormous, layered white cake.

"Could I keep this kitten?" I asked. Dad turned around, "Oh, it's quite a cute little thing." he smiled, "Okay, you can keep it as long as you take full responsibility for it, okay?" he told me firmly.

I nodded excitedly, "Thank you!" I kissed both their cheeks before rushing up to my room.

I placed the little kitten on my desk and I watched him explore my keyboard. "Okay, now time to choose a name for you," I murmured.

His eyes were sky blue... so maybe Ciel? *Ciel in french means Sky*

I grinned, "Ciel it is then!" I chuckled, rubbing the tiny kit's chin, delighted to hear him purring.

~ A few days latter

"N-no! Ciel, come back!!" I chase after my little gray cat as he runs to the direction of the school.

I'd brought Ciel down to the bakery so my parents could take care of him when I was at school, but it was crowded and he got scared. Ciel ran out of the bakery when a customer opened the door.

I mentally slapped myself when he ran up the stairs to Collège Françoise Dupont.

"Ciel!!!" I shouted, which only seemed to scare the tabby even more.

"Ha! Gotcha!"

I stopped in my tracks when I saw Adrien holding up Ciel. My heart seemed to stop with my movements.

I awkwardly walked to him, keeping my head at my feet. "T-that's cat my. I-I mean...!" my face went red.

Adrien laughed, heartily as ever, "Here." he gave me my kitten. He looked into my eyes with an emotion I've never seen before...

Or at least, not in his eyes.

My heart came back to life, beating as fast as it once did before. I slowly took the kitten, "T-thank you." I breathed.

Adrien grinned, "My pleasure, Mari." he winked before walking off.

When I regained my messy conscience, I ran back to the bakery and asked my parents to take care of Ciel, then ran back to school just before the bell rang.

~  Afterschool...

I walk to the Eiffel Tower, marveling at its significant glory. I sit down by the stairs, so I look in front of me at the distant Eiffel Tower.

I come here from time to time to calm my thoughts and gather inspiration for my designs.

I sighed and take out my notebook.

"Marinette, look!" Tikki peeked out from my purse and pointed to something a bit further away.

It was... Luka? He was sitting on the edge of the short wall that separated the stairs and the plaza below.

He was playing his guitar. I walked over to him, "Hey, Luka." I said. He opened his eyes at the sound of my voice.

"Marinette!" he grinned, his ocean eyes sparkling, tiny sparks glittered his eyes like shattered pieces of glass that you'd find shining on the beach.

"Hey, are you playing?" I asked. Luka nodded and tapped on the spot beside him. "Sit down, I'll play for you," he said kindly. I nodded and then sat down beside him.

"What's your dream, Marinette?" he asked me while strumming the strings of his electric guitar softly. I was stunned, not expecting him to ask a question. "I want to be a famous designer like Gabriel Agreste." I said, looking up at the cloudy sky.

"What's yours?" I question. He didn't wait for a second to answer, "I wanna be famous alongside Kitty Section one day." I wasn't looking at him, but I could tell he was smiling by the way he talks.

I chuckle, "If Kitty Section does debut as a rock band one day, I'll still be your designer." I murmur. I hear Luka laugh with me, "I'd like that." he mumbled sincerely.

My phone rang, disturbing our moment. "Sorry, I'm gotta take this," I said apologetically, standing up and taking out my phone.

"It's not a problem, go ahead," Luka assured me with a nod.

I looked at my screen, Alya was requesting a video call again. "Alya? What's up?"

"Hey girl, where are you?" she asked. "Eiffel Tower," I told her, lifting the phone so she could see the tower behind me.

"Cool, I'll come there to pick you up, 'kay?" she told me. "Huh? Pick me up for wha-" before I could finish Alya ended the call.

I groaned, "Pick me up for what?" I ask myself. "Who was it?" Luka asked as I walked back to him. "Alya, she said she'd pick me up, but before I could ask her anything she ended the call," I told him, sitting down beside him.

"Marinette!" I heard Alya's voice shout to me. I looked around, confused. Then I spotted her running to us. "Marinette come on!" she grabbed my arm.

"Woah, Alya wait! What's going on?" I asked her, pulling my arm away. "The festival, remember?" she exclaimed.

Oh shoot, I completely forgot about that.

"Oh." I said simply. "Come on! You can bring Blue Boy if he wants to come, I don't wanna miss the concert!" Alya said.

I looked back to Luka, he nodded.

"Okay, great, come on!" Alya took my hand and dragged me away with Luka following behind us.

The festival was held on the side of the Eiffel Tower, there were so many people swarming around us like a busy bee hive.

"It's actually a very good chance that Luka came along actually." Alya said happily.

"Why's that?" Luka questioned. Alya didn't say, she just motioned us to follow her through the crowd.

I exchanged a look with Luka before chasing after her like baby ducks running after their mother.

"Et, voila!" Alya exclaimed, gesturing to a large stage, a large banner screaming the words "Jagged Stone".

Both of our jaws fell open, our eyes were as wide as they could go. "Thank you, Alya!" I laughed, hugging her very tightly.

"A concert, right here by the Eiffel Tower? No tickets needed?" Luka said, a hint of disbelief in his tone.

"Well actually, I originally got two tickets, one for me and one for Marinette. But it looks like you two need it more." she winked.

I locked eyes with Luka, his blue ocean eyes bore into mine. We were going to watch a Jagged Stone concert together!

"Again, thank you." I turned back to Alya, smiling sweetly.

She winked, "It's my pleasure. Have fun! Call me when you're done." Alya waved as she walked away.

The concert was mad, in a good way, of course.

It was loud if course, but what do you expect from a Jagged Stone concert. I had so much fun, just staying beside Luka. He enjoyed himself as well.

It was incredible to see him so lively and hyped up.