15 - Do I Really...?

I was standing by the balcony, looking out at the night sky and the lights of Paris.

My mind was on the two boys my heart fought so hard to beat for. Luka and Adrien.

I'm caught in a tangle of emotions I can't untangle alone.

"Feeling, lonely Blueberry?"

That voice...!

I looked down from my balcony and saw Luka standing in front of the bakery door, waving with a smile.

"W-what are you doing here so late?" I asked. He chuckled, "Just thought I'd take a walk, can I come up?" he asked.

"Sure, hang on. I'll be down in a minute." I said before running down to the bakery. I unlocked the front door and let Luka inside.

"Does your mom know you're here?" I questioned, not wanting to upset his mother.

"Yeah, she knows. She always lets Juleka and I roam at night. It's kind of our thing." he said the last part quietly while shrugging.

"Come up." I walked him up to my balcony. "I come here to think a lot," I say as I lean against the railing again.

"So what were you thinking about when I got here?" Luka asked me, leaning by the railings as well.

"Well... it's not important." I murmured. Thinking about boys isn't important, right?

I glanced at Luka, his face was turned to the beauty of the night sky above us.

How could I tell you that I was thinking of you and Adrien?

I put my head down and didn't say anything. "Marinette," Luka suddenly said. My head snapped up to meet his eyes. "Y-yes?" I responded quickly.

"Do you want to come to my place tomorrow after school? I'll walk with you from school," he asked, his eyes gleaming with an emotion I couldn't read.

I stared at them for longer than I should have, I looked away when I noticed my cheeks getting warm. "Sure. I'd love to." I murmured.

Luka smiled and looked a little stunned as if he didn't think I'd accept. "Then, I'll see you tomorrow?" he picked at his wristbands shyly, a tint of pink coloring his cheeks.

"Yeah." I grinned. "I should get going now," Luka said looking at his phone. "I'll walk you down." I murmured.

The whole way down to the bakery was silent. I opened the door and we both stepped out.

"Well, goodbye." I turned to Luka. He smiled sweetly, and without hesitation, he kissed my cheek.

The action was so uncalled for, I almost exploded.

"Bye, Blueberry," he whispered and walked away with his hands in his pockets.

My fingers traveled to the spot where his soft lips touched my skin... he really kissed my cheek...!

A fluttery feeling flowered in my chest, my knees felt weak. This feeling - it isn't unfamiliar.

I... I love Luka...! Do I really...?

[Imagine the song 'In The Rain' from the umbrella scene playing here, it makes me cry 😢]

When I returned to my room, I was a stunned mess, it was as if I'd been paralyzed by a snake.

"Tikki... I don't know who I love anymore." I groaned into my pillow. "Those boys both make my heart go crazy! And now that I know Adrien likes me, I'm tangled even more!"

Tikki pats my head affectionately, "Poor Mari." she hugs my cheek. "Why is this so hard? I really like Luka, and I can't say he's just my friend, because... well. I don't want him to be." I admit.