8 - Confessions

Marinette's POV

When I got home that evening, my head was spinning. I'm going to take Luka's advice and confess to Adrien. At first, I was thinking of doing it by letter, but I knew deep down in my heart that I had to do it properly.

A letter couldn't hold all of the feelings I hid. If I was going to confess, I should go all out.

I took out my phone and clicked on Adrien's number, my fingers were tingling, but I stayed determined. "You go, Marinette!" Tikki winked, I smiled back. "I'm ready," I told her.

Finally, Adrien answered. "Hello?"

My spine tingled and I bit my lip, no turning back now.

"Adrien, can you meet me in the park tomorrow, please?" I asked, closing my eyes and controlling my voice steadily. "Uhh, sure! What time?" I could hear some piano in the background, I assumed he was practicing.

"4 pm, it's important," I responded firmly. "Okay, see you tomorrow, Marine-"

I ended the call before he could finish. A few seconds of my silent disbelief passed by. I just did that...

~ At the Liberty...

"OH MY GOSH MARINETTE, YOU DID IT!!!" the girls crowded me and suffocated me in a group hug. "G-guys..! I need to breathe!" I gasped. "I didn't confess yet, it's just the first step," I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Should I bring macarons? Or another kind of gift?" I pondered aloud, starting to panic.

"I'd say you're already a gift just as you are."

Once again, Luka slithers into the conversation suddenly. "Luka! Can you believe it! She got a full sentence out to him!" Alya laughed excitedly and playfully hit my shoulder. "But it's a whole other thing to confess. That's the real deal." Luka reminded us.

Alix crossed her arms, "That's right. You can't give up now Marinette. You're in too deep." she said. I nodded, "I know, it's just so scary..." I shivered, looking at my feet. "Let's just keep it together, we're here for you, girl!" Alya held both my hands and smiled.

I returned her smile, but inside I was about to explode.

I already felt doubtful. I could just not do it, if I did, I would risk everything. But right now, I didn't want to care about the risks or the consequences. I was broken too many times, I wanted to put a stop to it.

~ The next day in the park...

I got there about 10 minutes before 4 pm. I sat on a bench underneath the trees to shelter me from the sun.

I was so scared, I told the girls not to watch me because if things went south, I'd rather deal with it alone.

"Marinette?" Adrien's voice surprised me. I looked up slowly and met his green eyes. Each second ticks by closer to the minute I confess... let's get this over with.

"Take a seat." I tap the empty spot beside me without looking at him. He sits down and faces me, "What did you want to say?" he asked. I take in a deep breath and close my eyes, steady now Marinette. 

"A-Adrien...." Oh no... I was malfunctioning.

My heartbeat was going crazy, was I actually going to do this? My legs and arms felt weak and my cheeks felt warm. "Yes, Marinette?" I heard his soft voice close to me, causing my heart to beat rapidly even more than before.

This is it, everything I did for him would come to this. I lifted my chin and opened my eyes to see the beautiful, cloudy sky, the sun shining through a crack in the clouds. I felt slightly calmer.