20 - Manipulator PT. 3

Chat was the first to move his chess piece, wildly aiming directly for Manipulator.

A gleeful laugh escaped his lips as he turned invisible. "It's so cute that you think you can mess with me." he chuckled.

He reappeared beside me, quickly trying to reach for my earrings, but fast as lightning, Juleka punched him away. "Thanks," I nodded to her.

"I've got your back." she murmured.

"Interesting... who are you supposed to be?" Manipuator laughed, grinning at the magenta superhero.

I spoke up, "She's your-"

"Huntress." she interrupted, "We're not supposed to reveal our identities, remember?" she whispered to me.

I smiled and nodded, quite smart.

"Well, Huntress. Hawkmoth wants your miraculous, so I guess I'll be taking three sets of jewelry tonight," he smirked, the ring of people surrounding us began to slowly stalk towards us.

"Let's take this somewhere more private," I growled, jumped up to the roof, followed by Chat Noir and Huntress.

Manipulator appeared a few meters in front of us, a smug grin on his masked face.

"You all are hopeless! Before the moon is at its peak, I'll have your Miraculous!" he laughed.

"We'll see about that!" I growled. Manipulator turned invisible, I quickly turned to Huntress.

"Quickly, use your power!" I murmured. Huntress nodded and shouted, "Perception!"

Her eyes changed from copper to a bright golden hue. She struck at something in front of me, presumably Manipulator's invisible body.

"Time to use my power." I exclaimed, "Lucky charm!"

A bag of salt dropped into my hands. "Huh, salt?" I hummed.

Huntress flinched, "Saltwater! Vampires can't smell blood when there's the scent of saltwater blocking our sense of smell." she told me while dodging Manipulator's hits.

"I got it! Chat, keep him busy." I told him before I jumped down to the ground floor.

I ducked from all the manipulated students running at me as I ran to the janitor's closet.

I locked myself in and looked around for an empty spray bottle, filling it will water and pouring in the salt.

I hope this works. I grumbled in my head.

I kicked open the door open, sending the students flying in scattered directions.

I finally jumped back up to the roof, Huntress and Chat were still fighting Manipulator.

"Hey, salty!" I shouted, catching Manipulator's attention. "Have a taste of your own medicine!" I threw the bottle at Chat and he sprayed the supervillain with it.

"Gah!!" he growled, taking a few steps back, turning invisible.

Huntress took her chance and snuck up behind him, capturing him in her claws and pinning him down, causing him to reappear.

"Chat, now!" I yelled.

"Cataclysm!" Chat shouted then tapped the black ring on his left hand, releasing the akuma.

"No more evil-doing for you, little Akuma. Time to de-evilize!" I exclaimed, capturing the pretty purple butterfly with my magic yoyo.

I tapped the surface lightly and watched it in it's purified form, fluttering away. "Bye, bye, little butterfly!"