3 - The Guitar Pick

"You finally show, Ladybug." Timidator murmured. All the students cower in the corner, surrounded by Timidator's misty ravens.

"What do you want Timidator?" I growl, getting my yoyo ready. Timidator narrowed her eyes, "I've been teased my entire life about my timid nature. It's time you all cower underneath me and feel the same pain I did!" she hissed.

Her eyes glowed red, then the ravens all shot at the students, making them collapse onto their knees and cry.

"W-what did you do?!" I screamed, watching in horror as all of the students stopped crying and stood up, their eyes emitting a vivid, scarlet glow.

They looked at nothing as if they were all dormant robots switched off. "They've been mentally bullied into submission. They only listen to me now." Timidator hissed.

Her eyes glowed red again, "Get me her miraculous!" she shouted. Suddenly, all of the students behind her ran at me. I quickly swung out and managed to get out of the school.

"Having trouble, m'Lady?" I heard Chat's punny voice behind me. I sighed, "Thank god. You just had to come in late, did you, kitty?" I groaned.

He chuckled, "Miss me that much bugaboo?" he cooed and leaned in, the usual.

I groaned and looked back down to the school. A specific someone catches my eye...

Luka. He's running away from the school with a few other students. "Whatcha looking at?" Chat Noir asks, trying to follow my eyes.

I shake my head, "Nothing. I have to get those students to safety. I need you to distract the 'timidated' victims." I told him.

"Don't you mean, 'intimidated'?" he questions. "Nope, you'll see what I mean." and with that, I swing away to the crowd of survivors running from the school.

When I landed, they'd already separated and found hiding places. I walk around, looking for anyone that might need help.

"Ladybug!" the sound of Timidator's icy voice made my spine shiver. When I turned around, horror-struck my heart when I saw Chat Noir among the army... with red blazing eyes.

"Chat!" I shouted. Great... time to work by myself again. Time to call in my power!

"Lucky charm!" I shouted. I acquired a... baseball bat?

I looked at the ravens and understood. I smirked, "Come on, Timidator. You're not very intimidating, you know." I teased.

Timidator narrowed her eyes, "We'll see about that!" she bellowed. Her eyes flashed red, and her ravens charged at me.

I took a deep breath and hit for a home run. I strike a raven and send it flying back to Timidator. It hits her when she shields herself with her arms.

"Agh!" she screamed, getting down on her knees. I dodge the incoming timidated and I rip the collar off her neck.

It's the only thing she kept from her normal state after she was akumatized.

As predicted, the pretty little black Akuma fled out of the remains of the collar. "Time to de-evilize!" I captured the Akuma with her magic yoyo, then let it loose, "Bye-bye, little butterfly." I whispered.

"Miraculous Ladybug!" I shouted, throwing the baseball bat into the air. The magic butterflies scoured through Paris, fixing all the damage caused by Timidator.

"Wooh!!" the Parisians all come out of hiding, cheering and whistling. I smile and wave like I always

I spot Luka clapping in the audience, he smiled at me, and I felt my cheeks burn. It was like he was smiling not at Ladybug, but Marinette. "Seems like you didn't really need my help, huh Ladybug?" Chat walked to me.

"I'll always need you Chat." I chuckled before swinging off back to my house, where I detransform. I crash onto my bed, "Wow tough day today, Tikki." I sighed. A buzz from my phone made me jump.

Alya: Marinette! You need to get here quick! Come to The Liberty now!

I instantly snapped up, since school was canceled due to the attack, I quickly ran down and rushed to The Liberty.

"What is it?!" I exclaimed when I came down. The girls were all huddled in a circle, looking pretty distressed. "Girl, it's... Adrien." Alya mumbled, her hand partially covering her mouth. Adrien? What about him? Did he get hurt when Estelle was akumatized?

"What happened to him?" I demanded, shocked. Rose's eyes met her feet, "We saw him on a date with Kagami." she said. My heart skipped a beat. A date?

"H-how are you sure he wasn't just hanging out with her?" I gasped, trying to hold in tears in case it was just a misunderstanding. All of the girls exchange a nervous glance, "Well... we saw Kagami..." Alix murmured, trailing off.

"Kiss... kiss Adrien's cheek." Mylene finished quietly. I let my tears loose and ran into another room. I heard Alix's voice run after me, but Alya told her to give me some space.

Then I heard Juleka say something that made my head spin.

"That... that's Luka's room."

My face turned pink when I noticed a certain black-blue-haired boy looking up at me from his bed, curiosity bubbled in his eyes. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to barge in, I just..." I trailed off, not wanting to tell him anything about how Adrien broke my heart.

He lightly tapped the spot on his bed beside him. "Would you like to talk about it? Don't be overcome by negative emotions, Hawkmoth might take advantage of that."

That was the first time I'd heard his voice. It seemed familiar, so calming and warm. But despite that, I knew he was right. I quietly shuffled forward and sat down beside him.

Luka's POV

I watched as she quietly sat down beside me. She seemed upset, distant, a feeling of jealousy mixed with sorrow was hidden deep down in her blue eyes. I smiled, "What's your name?" I asked.

She looked surprised, but mumbled, "M-Marinette..."

"Luka." I extended my hand. With hesitation, Marinette took my hand and shook it. "Pleasure to meet you," she said. I returned the sweet smile she gave me. "Do you wanna talk about why you're so upset?" I asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I..." she whispered, tightening her grip on her fingers.

"It's okay, I understand," I told her, noticing how difficult it was for her to let it out. "It seems you have something like this in your heart," I hummed.

I picked up my electric guitar and began playing a soft, mellow melody, trying to match the song of her heart as much as I could.

When I started playing, her heart rate slowed down to a more calming pace.

Marinette's POV
"How do you do that...?" I asked in awe. Who knew such a simple serenade could calm me down?

Luka smiled warmly, "Music is often simpler than words." he says. Something in the corner of my eye catches my attention.

I stand up from the bed and walk over to a collection of guitar picks, a Jagged Stone poster towers above them all.

I picked up a Jagged Stone guitar pick, admiring the artist. "You like Jagged Stone's music?" I asked, gazing at the poster.

"He's my favorite singer." Luka replied, standing beside me. "Me too." I fidgeted with the pick, "You can keep it if you'd like, I've got plenty." he said.

I looked up into his eyes, as scared as I was to do that, I didn't regret it.

His eyes were so beautiful... so warm and embracing, I could melt in them...

I come back to my senses when I feel my cheeks heating up, "O-oh, thanks!" I look away. "I think I should go back to my friends now." I mumble.

Luka chuckled, "So I'm not your friend?" he says in a playful manner. "W-what? No, you are! I mean - if you want to be!" I flush.

"You're a funny girl Marinette." Luka purred, after seeing my dumbfounded face he gave me a quick smile and walked out of the room.

My face was on fire.

When I shuffled out of the room, I was greeted by smug looks of Alya, Mylene, Juleka, Rose, and Alix.