Chapter 87 The Revelation

Começar do início

He is determined to go in.

When he arrived at the neighborhood, it was already past 2am. The neighborhood was quiet; the treetop is lush and dense, blocking most of the moonlight. There were several street lamps that are neither light nor dark dangling on both sides of the path. The entire atmosphere gives people a hidden kind of feeling.

ZhouXiang went up the stairs. He grabbed the door handle to his home, turned on the flashlight and looked down at the door lock. YanMingXiu actually did not change the lock; it was still the original one, then what about the key?

ZhouXiang quietly opened the fire box and reached his hand in. Very soon, he touched the small piece of cold metal.

The key is still here...

YanMingXiu actually let his guard down? Still leaving the key here? ZhouXiang couldn't help but wonder but he had no time to ponder over this. He quickly found the key and gently opened the door.

The room is dark. He held the flashlight and scanned the area. He decided to first get the second prize trophy that his father won when he participated in the national martial arts competition. That was his father's most proud item. When he was a child, he often held it and asked his father to teach him. Using his memory, he touched the second row of cabinets near the TV, opened the glass door and reached in for the rusted trophy.

The moment his fingertips touched the trophy, it suddenly brightened up in front of him. The lights in the living room are turned on!

ZhouXiang is so frightened that his heart missed half a beat. His eyes couldn't adapt to the light for a while. He nervously lowered his head. When he opened his eyes slowly and turned his head in surprise, he sees YanMingXiu standing at the door of the bedroom, staring at him like a wolf, with his eyes glaring red, as if he will rush towards him at any time!

ZhouXiang pulled his trembling hand back and then stood frozen in place. The two men looked at each other across the distance of a few meters. It is obviously a small home. They are so close but it felt as if there is an abyss in front of them, both not having the courage to cross.

ZhouXiang understood in that moment, the words that YanMingXiu said yesterday and him being here today to stop him, all of it was premeditated by YanMingXiu to make him anxious...to make him impatient so that he would show his true colors and give himself away.

At this moment, he can't find any other reasons to explain the situation at hand. What thief will come to steal a rusty, worthless trophy?

YanMingXiu could hardly breathe. Every time he gasped, it is accompanied by great pain. Everything that he had experienced in the past few days were a million times more than all the pain he has suffered in his entire life. He has the illusion that his body had been riddled with holes. When he saw this person in front of him... when he is certain of what he had in mind, he thought that he will be very excited but the reality is that he can't even speak. He can't even take the first step and is already on the verge of collapse.

The two men looked at each other comically and painfully for more than ten seconds. YanMingXiu finally forced out the very difficult words lodged in his throat, "Really... Is you..."

ZhouXiang didn't explain anything. He just took off his scarf and coat because he was sweating profusely. There was no place in his internal organs that didn't feel pained. He felt as if he would faint. He didn't have to pretend anymore. Since it has already reached this stage, he should not leave. This is his condo, his home, he wants YanMingXiu to return it to him!

YanMingXiu took step by step forward, getting closer and closer. ZhouXiang looked at his somewhat distorted expression and unconsciously stepped back.