|Together|

Chapter Ten
|Together|

Unedited

Annie rushed Elizabeth out of the Victorian house as the neighbors and many other people started filing in to witness the murder and sympathize with a shaking, petrified and blood-covered Elizabeth

She hurriedly took the poor, shocked, befuddled and thoroughly heartbroken girl to her car, carefully tucking her inside in the passenger seat, securing the seatbelt tightly over her petite frame.

Shutting the door that made a click sound, she went to the other side of the car, getting inside and fastening the seatbelt to her body.

With one push to the accelerator, the car roared to life, it's engine snorting loudly like a dragon clashing its tail as Annie dashed the car out of the neighborhood.

Elizabeth's body was still shaking violently as she tried her hardest to control the tears pricking at her eyes. Annie let her hand brush off Elizabeth's long golden hair as to create a feeling of comfort, holding Elizabeth's hand in her own, trying to calm her friend.

She herself tried to control the upcoming tears. No matter how much she hated Aunt Edna, she was a crucial part of Elizabeth's life and now that she was gone, Annie was afraid that Elizabeth would collapse.

Annie was driving straight, taking a few turns here and there, wanting to get to her home as soon as possible. There she would be finally able to nurse and comfort Elizabeth.

The sun was peacefully setting over the horizon, it's scarce rays giving the surroundings a deep shade of hue and dust. The meagrely sparse rays soon disappeared somewhere in infinity as darkness began its rule.

Elizabeth was still shaking violently, though her sobs were now barely perceptible. She sat on the car seat like a wall as she stared into space, the numbness within her deepening by each passing minute.

Darkened was her heart now, with the wickedness that was slowly starting to latch itself onto the pages of the book of her life.

With her unblinking eyes and face as cold as the frost that was slowly moving towards their town, anyone could have mistaken her for a dead body.

Annie's car moved smoothly across the concrete floor, with the muffled sounds of small rocks and pebbles crushing under the tires' weight.

The darkness masterly combined with the black-grey roads as the eerie yet calm silence hung in the hollow air inside the claustrophobic walls of the car.

A scream of horror perceived Elizabeth's ears as the car skewered right. She was brutally jerked towards the passenger door. The loud, clangor thudding of her head against the window was one of the numbest yet painstakingly horrible sound she had ever heard in her life, next to her mother's last words to her.