Chapter 21 ** Memories

There was a moment of silence when Agape reached for Jhai's head and closed his eyes. He was holding something in his left hand. A crystal necklace shaped like pearl.

Slowly Agape released his hand and a thick air with mixed white and blue colors followed the direction of his palm.

Suddenly the room was filled with different voices. There was laughters, then tears and they heard a girl screamed. It all faded away as the thick air entered the opening of the necklace. Just before the last one entered in they heard a pleading voice of a man shouting. "Nooooo!!!". And in a single snap everything was gone.

The Zhanshis looked at each other.

"What was that?" one started.

"It seems like I've been to some place and all I could hear is laughters and screams and tears."

"That my young friends are Jhai's memories of Haleya." Agape told them.

"So what are you gonna do with the memories now?" Heru asked.

Agape smiled and show them the necklace. He blowed it away and it faded in the air.

"Where is it?" Anika asked as her eyes widened.

"I send it away. Somewhere no one could ever find."

"But where? Is it gone for real?"

"No. The wind will cary it and leave it anywhere."

"What if people saw it and break it or whatever. What will happen to Jhai's memory?"

"Nothing. No one could ever break it or open it. Except him." With those words Agape looked at Jhai. "That's why the wind will bring it somewhere far from here, impossible for him to have it back. Unless his heart would lead him to. But that was impossible as well."

"Poor Jhai."

"Hey... what happened?" asked a lame voice behind them.

"Jhai!" the  Zhanshis were so happy to see him back. They hugged him very tight that he was out of breath.

"Guys! Heaven's sake let me breathe!" Jhai growled and they just laughed at each other.

"Where's he?" Aldrich asked when he noticed that Agape was gone.

"Who?" Jhai wondered.

Feah gave a sharp look at Aldrich.

"Oh nothing. I was looking for Agog."

Then they hear a whisper inside their head, except Jhai.

"I'm leaving Zhanshis. He can't see me or else he'll be curious. So long!"

"How's yah feelin'?" Heru checked on him as he entered their chamber.

"Good... I guess." there were hesitations on Jhai's words.

"What is it Jhai?" Anika asked him as she saw the expression on his face.

“Nothing. I was just… just..” Jhai stopped for a moment and sat down.

“Just what Jhai?”

“I feel strange. When I woke up at the healer’s room before, I heard someone screaming my name. It’s a voice of a woman. It seems that she doesn’t want me to leave yet. It feels like she would never see me again. But I don’t know her.”

The Zhanshis looked at each other in silence. As usual, Heru broke the scene.

“Ah, Jhai! You’re dreaming man!” and he laughed but everyone else were serious that when he realized so he zipped his mouth.