Chapter 24 ** Elves' Trail

The Inner Circle were preparing for the battle against the elves while the remaining Zhanshis were trying to find out the elves plan. Once again the whole kingdom of Zevadia is on its feet of getting ready for the coming war. Fear travelled all over the place. Rumors upon rumors were heard for the threat which arises once more. The peace that they held didn’t stay that long for it was the elves appearances that pulled it backwards.

It’s been a week that Jhai went home. No one had heard from him since then.

One morning, when the Zhanshis were discussing something they saw the king’s general ran hurriedly to the lord’s chamber and they followed him.

“My lords!” he shouted as he entered the chamber.

“What is that, General?” Lord Vashnu stood on his seat.

The general inhaled and exhaled before he say a word.

“The elves. They are swarming.”

Every eye inside the chamber widened upon hearing it.

“They are growing in number.”

“Mercy.” Heru mumbled.

“What are we gonna do, my lord?” Aldrich stepped in.

“We have to come up with a plan before they formed ten thousand armies. We couldn’t bring down that number.”

“There’s one more, my lord.” The general added.

“They’ve cleared Hyrgandell. They’re on their way to Iffengard. They might reach the place in two days.”

Aldrich sighed when he heard it. “I have to help them.” He murmured.

“Easy Aldrich, one stupid move and we will lose it.” Lord Gran told him.

“But my family will be in danger.” Aldrich’s expression was filled with worries.

“Maybe we can outrun them. They’re on foot, we have carriages.” Feah suggested.

“She’s right.” Anika agreed. “If we leave now, we might reach the place by sunrise tomorrow.”

“Then what are you gonna do?” ask Lord Hasi.

“I suggest we evacuate them before fire floods the ground.” Heru said.

They all nodded.

“You go with the guards.” Lord Vashnu declared.

The Zhanshis bowed before the lords and turned their back. Just when Heru reached the door, he stopped.

“My lords.” He called.

“What is it Heru?”

“I think I know which trail they are following.” He stated and the others looked back to listen.

“And what do you think it is, Heru?”

"First they attacked the East Bridge, then Hyrgandell now they are own their way to Iffengard. Then maybe the next would be Ronhan and Elender or Elender or Ronhan."

"What makes you think about it, Heru?"

"Because those are our Hometowns." Anika answered from behind. "Maybe Heru is right. Now they're after Aldrich's. Who knows, after that it may be mine or Jhai's."

"Then if that is the case, we have to move quickly. You evacuate the people from Iffengard, then Elender and Ronhan. You must hurry Zhanshi." Lord Zai told them.

"If they are looking for the stone and if they find it, you have to find the last piece of it before it will be on their hands. Go Zhanshis. Go now!"